ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation - knowledge of English requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nj502
Newly Registered
India

naturalisation - knowledge of English requirement

Post by nj502 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:27 pm

I had the below query about my application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

I need to prove my knowledge of English by having a recognised English test qualification (CEFR Level B1)
I had previously completed IELTS for UKVI Academic qualification in June 2016 as part of my application for the Skilled Worker Visa.
This qualification was referenced again in my application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in Nov 2021.
Can the same IELTS for UKVI qualification be used again to meet the knowledge of English requirement for my application for naturalisation as a British citizen?
Or do I need to appear for a fresh English test?
Please advise.

meself2
Ireland

Re: naturalisation - knowledge of English requirement

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:30 pm

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

nj502
Newly Registered
India

Re: naturalisation - knowledge of English requirement

Post by nj502 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Thanks @meself2 !