ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed for EUSS Pre-settled: Separation of Durable Partners

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ldee08
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

EUSS Retained Rights of residents if divorced or separated

Post by Ldee08 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:33 pm

Hi Team,
I had a question. Me and my wife seperated in October 2022 but not yet divorced. We are living separate in London. We have been married for more than 15 years, she is an EU national with Portuguese passport holder. She arrived in 2018, and has presettled status, I arrived in June 2021 and I have a presettled status as well. We stayed together in the same house, same address for one and half years, Do I have to notify HO and apply for RROR now or wait for divorce to be initiated or divorce to be finalized. Another question is although we are not staying together and if my wife doesn't divorce me, and I don't have any contacts with my wife, can I apply for settled status under EUSS after living for 5 continuous years in UK? Coz I won't have access to her documents as I am not in contact with her. And not divorced yet at the time of applying for settled status. Plse can someone clarify this for me. Thanks

seekingadvice87

Re: EUSS Retained Rights of residents if divorced or separated

Post by seekingadvice87 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:33 pm

Hi,

You need to let HO know of your change in circumstances as your status is based on her being your sponsor so that once you apply for retained rights and it's granted, you won't need your spouse' details when the time comes to apply for settled status hence the importance of notifying the HO now. Goodluck!