ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaration by irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DublinGirl

Declaration by irish spouse

Post by DublinGirl » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:50 am

What should we expect from dept below.
I received last page of citizenship application form which is declaration by the spouse who is irish citizen my husband made mistake he put my birth year instead his own rest is all fine such as month and day in DOB section dept wanted my husband to fill that again and also explanation on this mistake we did all that. So i posted the requested docs back i kept tracking and thought it got lost in the post so i decided to download the same form again sent it with little note to dept regarding first post (it may be missing)
Luckily both registered letters were delivered on 27th of January 2023.
And since then no answer should i email them for the acknowledgement of those posts??
Citizenship application submitted in late 2019
They found this mistake on declaration page i believe they were about to give decision. And also i believe they started looking into citizenship application because i put a request for FOI may be im wrong but that's what usually happens when you request for FOI.? What's your thoughts on this situation please.
Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Declaration by irish spouse

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:33 pm

Haven't heard of them sending acknowledgement letters about receiving documents, so silence from them is fine.

FOI is aimed to be an independent process from a decision, but that theoretically could've brought it more to light.

The declaration is vital for them (it's a separate point on their application checklist, as shown by one of the posters here post1795337.html#p1795337), so the mishap might've cost you quite a lot of time. All you can do now is wait I'm afraid.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.