ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londoner1245
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Certificate of application

Post by londoner1245 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:30 pm

Hello i am asking for a friend,My friend came to the uk nearly 20 years ago on student visa it’s a long story but I will make a it short in 2010 he applied under human rights his application was refused and he had to idea about it in 2016 he was stopped by the police and he was told his stay was illegal he had since been applying and getting refused.He applied under eea settlement as his brother is an eu citizen and mother is a British citizen.He has a letter from the home office I am copy pasting what says on the letter CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION
EU Settlement Scheme
This certificate of application confirms receipt of your valid application under the EU Settlement Scheme. You will receive a decision shortly.
You can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EEA or Swiss citizen, as the family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen or as a person with a derivative right of residence for as long as you continue to have those rights under EU law.
If you have any queries about your passport or identity document, or your application, information about how to contact us can be found on the Gov.UK website at: https://eusettled-status-enquiries.service.gov.uk.
We will use the email address and mobile phone number you gave us in your application to contact you about your application and to tell you about your decision. If these details have changed, you need to tell us by going to ‘Update your EU Settlement Scheme details’ which can be found at: https://update-your- details.homeoffice.gov.uk/.
Note for employers
A person who has applied under the EU Settlement Scheme may already have a right to work in the UK on the basis of EU law.
Currently, EEA and Swiss citizens can demonstrate their right to work with their valid EEA or Swiss passport or national identity card. Non-EEA family members of EEA or Swiss citizens, or a person with a derivative right of residence can demonstrate their right to work in the UK with a valid biometric residence document for as long as they continue to have those rights under EU law.
If a non-EEA family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen or someone with a derivative right of residence does not have a biometric residence document, you can request information about their right to work by using the e-form which can be found by following this link: www.immigrationstatuscheck.service.gov.uk/employers/.

He is severely unwell right now and unable to work doctors have advised him to rest as he went under a major surgery My question here is that can he apply for any benefits on this letter will it affect his application?

NatCam
Georgia

Re: Certificate of application

Post by NatCam » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:59 pm

I do not think it will affect his application.
Can't his family help him? Since he has no legal status, how can he even apply for benefits?
I wish your friend speedy recovery.