ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return Child BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Redstar222
United States of America

Return Child BRP

Post by Redstar222 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:08 pm

Is the guidance the same as below for return of a child's BRP? I do not see anything regarding BRP return in the original letter with my daughter's citizenship certificate, but I know it does need to be returned.

You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship.

Cut your BRP into 4 pieces and put it in a windowless envelope.

Include a note saying you’re returning your permit because you’ve become a citizen. Include your name, date of birth and the document number (found on the front of the card) in the note.

Naturalisation BRP Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Return Child BRP

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:58 pm

Naturalisation BRP Returns
Perhaps this explains ...

Children are not naturalised - only adults are naturalised ... a discretionary application.

Children are registered as British citizens, and in most cases have an entitlement under the nationality regulations, not normally refused.

Perhaps another member here can point to the relevant regulations or points of law.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Redstar222
United States of America

Post by Redstar222 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm

Yes, that bit I do know. But the BRP return address is the same. UKVI are usually quite helpful, but this time when I called they just said "Yes, it needs returned" and "check the website for info." The letter we got with her citizenship registration did not mention anything about BRP return, but we've now got her British passport too so it's really a useless document at this point.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:43 am

Redstar222 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm
Yes, that bit I do know. But the BRP return address is the same. UKVI are usually quite helpful, but this time when I called they just said "Yes, it needs returned" and "check the website for info." The letter we got with her citizenship registration did not mention anything about BRP return, but we've now got her British passport too so it's really a useless document at this point.
Yes, return BRP to same address with a simple note saying that child is now British and this is no longer required.
Cut into 4 places.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!