ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Letter ok?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moneypenny

Maintenance Letter ok?

Post by moneypenny » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:29 pm

I got a maintenance letter from my bank today via post, as my bank will not write them in the branch. It is on official bank letterhead, with the bank logo and name, and it is dated. The guy who wrote the letter also folded it into the envelope quite quickly so the ink has copied over onto blank parts of the paper. Anyways, the letter states the following,

"Please accept this letter as conformation that Miss _____ has held an account with HSBC UK since January 2007. Miss _______ holds an ISA savings account. Act # ___________ which has held a balance in excess of £1000 since 31/08/08."

I am using this letter to supplement my ISA statements, so I think it is fine but I do want some confirmation. Does it sound ok? Just in case I should get another one written.

I recently saw someone at the Relocation Advisory Service here in Scotland and she said that she has had about 15 rejections in the past month over maintence funds (all cases which shouldn't have been rejected in her eyes), so I am trying to minimize the chances of that happening to me! I want to make sure I've got two forms of evidence that are acceptable.

Cheers!