ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student extension and exam progress

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houseonfire
Newly Registered

Student extension and exam progress

Post by houseonfire » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 pm

HI, any advice on the following query would be appreciated.

I wish to apply for a student extension, my course is 1 and a half years in total, it is below degree level. My attendance has been good for the last year but I have failed three of my four exams and passed one.

I noticed on the extension form FLR(S) that you must provide evidence of progress. Will my exam results count against me in getting an extension?

I remember reading somewhere recently that a court had declared the HO's rules on study progress unfair (?) and I believe they will not be a criteria under the points system. I'm not sure, however, whether it will still count against me under the current system.

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks

googlle
Newly Registered

Post by googlle » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:00 pm

same here!! and only 70% attendance :cry: ive already applied..lets see what they say :cry: :cry:

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:41 pm

I am not too sure but believe you need to above 80% attendance when applying for extension.

If you have failed 3 exams out of 4, then it's not good at all.. You should concentrate on your studies properly.

If due to some reasons you could not prepare of exam, then you may have to explain to HO and then apply to re-sit in exam...

RESIT section is in FLR(S)....
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.