ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success Stories - Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dingdon

Success Stories - Tier 1 General

Post by dingdon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi All,
Please post your success story for your tier1 general application.
Please give full details of the evidences,letter formats,time lines, any important points/Cautions that might be help full for the future applicants.

Moderators,
if you feel this topic is helpfull, please stick it based on the members response.

Regards
Dingdon

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks to all the moderators and members of the forum which helped me to clarify my questions and obtaining my visa.

I am a software professional working for an Indian MNC.
I came to UK around 2 years back on Work Permit on deputation.

Time Lines : ( Total Days: 20)

Date Posted: 24Th Nov 2008 (Through Royal Mail Spl Delivery)
Receipt confirmed by RM: 25Th Nov 2008
Payment Deducted Date: 25th NOv 2008
Acknowledgement letter with Ref No: Dated 25Th Nov 2008 (Received on 27th Nov 2008)
Visa Stamped Date: 11 Dec 2008 ( Valid for 3 Years)
Passport/Documents Recieved Date: 13th Dec 2008 (I have attached Royal mail Spl Delivary envelop along with my Application)

Payment:
I have paid through the VISA Debt card (Lloyds TSB).just chose the visa/master card option and fill the card number, valid from, expiry date, cvv security number and sign it along with the date.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#210131

Points Claimed: 75

I. Qualification: 30
i have engineering degree recognized by a UK NRIC and it is listed in the Points Based Calculator
Evidences:
Original Degree
Consolidated Statement of Marks
ALL semester wise statement of Marks ( Even though statement of marks is not required i have just included to be safer side)

II. Previous Earnings: 30
As part of my employment i will be getting Onsite Pay tax free (Company is paying group tax) and offshore basic salary.
i have claimed my previous earnings based on my Onsite + Offshore pay, even though there is no difference in the points that i am getting by adding offshore salary.
Offshore salary should be converted to UK GBP and we should not use any uplift ratio.
Evidences:

1) Last 12 Months Pay slips - Onsite+Offshore
i have submitted the color prints from the PDF files which i got throgh email.
Pay slips has company logo and name, address mentioned on that. I haven’t took any attestation on those.

2) Bank statements showing all the salary payments that i have claimed.
i have submitted statements from 2 banks ( 1 from India - offshore salary, 1 from uk - uk salary and Maintenance funds)

i have obtained latest 3 months statements from the bank branch. They printed the statements on the bank letter head and my address got overlapped (printed) on bank name and logo on the letter head. I have got those stamped and signed by the bank official. as per the old guidance bank logo and name should be clearly visible and I was in a doubt that Home office will reject my application based on this. But as per the new guide lines statements printed from the internet account will be accepted if they are just stamped by the bank. I have sent the new statements to the ukba,croydon office, but it looks they didnt reach the case worker as those were not present in the documents that has been returned back to me.
Please find the full details at the
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32900

Note: Please make sure that the statements you are submitting are as per the guide lines from UKBA.
Cross verify twice before you send.

III. Uk Experience: 5

IV. Age: 10

V. Maintenance and English language requirement: 10 + 10

i have used the covering letter formats found in this forum.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24717

Please let me know if i could be of any help.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:25 pm

First of all, I would like to thank you to this wonderfull Tier forum/site - each and every member for their continous support and timely responses, I obtained/gathered so much of information in my journey to Tier 1 visa application process.

I am putting down all my effort taken for Tier 1 visa process.

My application was straight forward. Applied on Dec 05th at VFS Mumbai - India. This is my first application itselfs. Received the documents on 19th Dec along with the Tier 1 visa stamping.

Below are the consolidated list which I submitted at VFS.

VAF9 Form
Appendix 1
UKBA points summary
Covering letter

Total points claimed - 110.

For Age proof : 20 points (16-08-1981)
Evidence - Original passport

Qualifications : 35 points
Evidence - MCA (Masters) degree certificate + All semister marksheets

Earnings : 35 points
Period : 01 Dec 2007 - 30 Nov 2008
Evidence - payslips along with stamp and sign of HR
12 months bank stmts with stamp and signature of authorized bank person on official stationery with logo and Name
ITR 1 and form 16 for last 2 years
Compensation review letter

English Language : 10 points
My University and bachelor's degree is present in UKBA site, hence no additional documents required. However, I submitted below documents.
Evidence - Letter from Institution saying my Bachelor's medium of instruction was in English
B.sc (Bachelor's) Degree certificate.

Maintainance Funds : 10 points
Maintianed atlest 2.8 Lakh INR (more than 2800 pounds) from last five months in salaried account and ensured that the balance never falled below 2.8 Lakh even for single day also.

Evidence - Letter from bank stating the balance is maintained for a period of last five months with min 2.8 Lakh INR on official bank letter head with stamp and sing of bank person (Bank name and logo is present on letter head)

5 months bank stmts on official stationery with stamp and sign of bank person (Bank name and logo is present) and within 7 days of your stmts you should file (very very imp *****)

Make sure that you regularly do the transaction from the maintainance fund account at regualr intervals. Be aware, that there are cases who got refusal based on - transaction not being done.

Also, I had a problem of my employement details in the present company (ie the complete name was missing in my company as per as passport). Then I have taken the letter from Corperate HR department. Enclosed this with along a seperate covering letter

Pls make sure that you take consideration into the correct exchange rate conversion for earnings (I unfortunately taken the consideration exchange rate of application filling date, however I was getting the 35 points in both circumstances and therefore 35 points granted by Case worker). Pls be aware that it shouldn't happen to you in case if you are falling short of points or failing to qualify.

Hope this should help.
Happy Tier 1 visa filling !!! Good luck.

Regards,
Suresh

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:10 pm

sureshep wrote: Also, I had a problem of my employement details in the present company (ie the complete name was missing in my company as per as passport). Then I have taken the letter from Corperate HR department. Enclosed this with along a seperate covering letter

Suresh
Hello Suresh,

I have sent a PM to you, i request you to please reply to my PM. Its urgent!!!

Thank you

jedi001

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Got Visa Stamped!!!

Post by shiva_jaime » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Everybody,
Good news to all that I granted for Tier1 Visa on 18-Dec-08.
Thanks to everybody who clarifies all my queries and wishing u for who are all applied or planning to apply.
Applied on : 28-Nov-2008.
VFS: Chennai.
Visa Stamped: 18-Dec-2008.

It took exactly 3 weeks for my application.

Please let me know if somebody have queries on this...

I have to plan for my travel and also to do job hunt over there.

All,
I have 5 years of exp. in Embedded software development.
If anybody working on embedded system or aware of any openings in UK, please let me know...
Your advise are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Shiva...

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:31 pm

rameshnu
Newly Registered

submittint accommadation proof

Post by rameshnu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Please let know have you submitted invitation letter from UK for accommodation and his passport and rental agreement or not.
Is it mandatory or not.

Waiting for your reply

Regards
Ramesh

rameshnu
Newly Registered

accommadation

Post by rameshnu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:29 pm

congrats dingdon.

and sharing your successful profile details

Please let know have you submitted invitation letter from UK for accommodation and his passport and rental agreement or not.
Is it mandatory or not.

Waiting for your reply

Regards
Ramesh

[quote="dingdon"]Thanks to all the moderators and members of the forum which helped me to clarify my questions and obtaining my visa.

I am a software professional working for an Indian MNC.
I came to UK around 2 years back on Work Permit on deputation.

Time Lines : ( Total Days: 20)

Date Posted: 24Th Nov 2008 (Through Royal Mail Spl Delivery)
Receipt confirmed by RM: 25Th Nov 2008
Payment Deducted Date: 25th NOv 2008
Acknowledgement letter with Ref No: Dated 25Th Nov 2008 (Received on 27th Nov 2008)
Visa Stamped Date: 11 Dec 2008 ( Valid for 3 Years)
Passport/Documents Recieved Date: 13th Dec 2008 (I have attached Royal mail Spl Delivary envelop along with my Application)

Payment:
I have paid through the VISA Debt card (Lloyds TSB).just chose the visa/master card option and fill the card number, valid from, expiry date, cvv security number and sign it along with the date.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#210131

Points Claimed: 75

I. Qualification: 30
i have engineering degree recognized by a UK NRIC and it is listed in the Points Based Calculator
Evidences:
Original Degree
Consolidated Statement of Marks
ALL semester wise statement of Marks ( Even though statement of marks is not required i have just included to be safer side)

II. Previous Earnings: 30
As part of my employment i will be getting Onsite Pay tax free (Company is paying group tax) and offshore basic salary.
i have claimed my previous earnings based on my Onsite + Offshore pay, even though there is no difference in the points that i am getting by adding offshore salary.
Offshore salary should be converted to UK GBP and we should not use any uplift ratio.
Evidences:

1) Last 12 Months Pay slips - Onsite+Offshore
i have submitted the color prints from the PDF files which i got throgh email.
Pay slips has company logo and name, address mentioned on that. I haven’t took any attestation on those.

2) Bank statements showing all the salary payments that i have claimed.
i have submitted statements from 2 banks ( 1 from India - offshore salary, 1 from uk - uk salary and Maintenance funds)

i have obtained latest 3 months statements from the bank branch. They printed the statements on the bank letter head and my address got overlapped (printed) on bank name and logo on the letter head. I have got those stamped and signed by the bank official. as per the old guidance bank logo and name should be clearly visible and I was in a doubt that Home office will reject my application based on this. But as per the new guide lines statements printed from the internet account will be accepted if they are just stamped by the bank. I have sent the new statements to the ukba,croydon office, but it looks they didnt reach the case worker as those were not present in the documents that has been returned back to me.
Please find the full details at the
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32900

Note: Please make sure that the statements you are submitting are as per the guide lines from UKBA.
Cross verify twice before you send.

III. Uk Experience: 5

IV. Age: 10

V. Maintenance and English language requirement: 10 + 10

i have used the covering letter formats found in this forum.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24717

Please let me know if i could be of any help.[/quote]

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:26 pm

congrats dingdon.

and sharing your successful profile details

Is it mandatory or not.

Waiting for your reply

Regards
Ramesh
Hi Ramesh,
As i have applied within the UK i didnt submit any such kind of proofs.of course i have submited passport.switching to Tier 1 General within UK, doesnt require the above proofs you have mentioned.
iam not sure whether to submit invitation letter,rental agreement if you are applying outside UK.

ctr
Newly Registered

Post by ctr » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:19 pm

I applied on dec 5th in blore and got the visa on dec 24th.

I found the info on this forum v useful, I used the cover letters available in the forum, as i am typing this remotely, i dont have the thread links right now. I will share some experience which i faced while filing...

In the app form, I mentioend date of travel as 1.4.2009. But VFS guy mentioned that the travel date has to be within 90 days from applying date. so it was modified to 1.3.2009. I was not much aware of this 90 days rule.

In vaf9 form, i didnt fill the document checklist at the last page, as i was not sure abt what to write...vfs guy only entered it..

"I carried xerox of form 16, as i for filing I give the original form 16 given by the company. (my company provides hard copy of form 16). VFS guy mentioend that ppl submit original form 16, then since i had oringinal tax acknowledgement form, he gave me back form 16 xerox and took IT acknow form.

I carried lot of xerox copies, but it turned out diff, he took only 1 full copy of passport xerox and 1 copy of front page in passport."

my application and calculations were simple except for prev earning calculations. I had lots of confusion regarding whether to include medical reimbursement in the calculation or not, even though it is part of my sal package. I decided to exclude the med reimbursement from final prev earning total....even though that didnt affect the points.

for new applicants, read the pbs tier 1 visa guidance document thoroughly and then go ahead with ur preparation.....good luck.

mjbeen22
Newly Registered

to dingdon

Post by mjbeen22 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 pm

Thanks dingdon for sharing the details of your application.It was very informative.

My situation is just like yours and i'm glad to have found someone in the same boat finally.I was worried about attaching my offshore salary as in my case it does make a difference.
Could you tell me please whether you have explained to the case worker that you receive onsite as well as offshore salary? Also, did you specifically mention in your covering letter about your onsite salary being taxfree i.e your company pays group tax and you receive only a net payment?

I would really appreciate your prompt reply.

BTW, many conratulations about your extension.

dingdon

Re: to dingdon

Post by dingdon » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 pm

mjbeen22,
yes i have mentioned in my covering letter about my offshore component as well onsite salary which will be taxfree, as employer is paying group tax(i have mentioned the point group tax in my covering letter).also i have given HR contact details in my covering letter for verification purposes.
wish you all the best.
- DingDon
mjbeen22 wrote:Thanks dingdon for sharing the details of your application.It was very informative.

My situation is just like yours and i'm glad to have found someone in the same boat finally.I was worried about attaching my offshore salary as in my case it does make a difference.
Could you tell me please whether you have explained to the case worker that you receive onsite as well as offshore salary? Also, did you specifically mention in your covering letter about your onsite salary being taxfree i.e your company pays group tax and you receive only a net payment?

I would really appreciate your prompt reply.

BTW, many conratulations about your extension.

mjbeen22
Newly Registered

Post by mjbeen22 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:28 am

Dingdon

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Thank you to every member of this forum who helped or contribute in anyways in my success to achieve the Tier 1 G visa. Here are my details:

Applied on: 19th Jan 09 - Bangalore VFS
Stamped on 5th Feb 09
Passport received via Blue Dart on 7th Feb 09
Visa Granted : 1st march 09 to 1st march 12

Here is the list of Docs i provided:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34442

Special Thanks to:

Sushmehta, Push_HSMP, Amit0277, Harryy, Raghu0307 and if i missed anyone, please forgive me.

Thanks again
Jedi001