ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRPs expire 31/12/24 how to prove UK Status on return to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orionsbelt1
Newly Registered

BRPs expire 31/12/24 how to prove UK Status on return to UK

Post by orionsbelt1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:25 pm

On airline flight check in, you must prove you have the right of entry to UK. The BRP currently does this.
How will this work after Dec 31 2024? when the BRP card is no longer valid.
Will Thai immergration know about this?????
Please advise
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRPs expire 31/12/24 how to prove UK Status on return to UK

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:48 pm

orionsbelt1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:25 pm
On airline flight check in, you must prove you have the right of entry to UK. The BRP currently does this.
Please advise
Thanks
The HO will roll out another means of proving immigration rights. This will be rolled out hopefully well before the expiration of all current BRP on 31.12.2024.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:05 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:48 pm
orionsbelt1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:25 pm
Please advise
Thanks
The HO will roll out another means of proving immigration rights. This will be rolled out hopefully well before the expiration of all current BRP on 31.12.2024.
https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

HO will roll out View and prove your immigration status: get a share code which was rolled out for EU Settlement Scheme and some people who applied for a visa and was told to use app the UK Immigration: ID check app which is already in place it will be rolled out to everyone who are on there visas or have ILR status.

How it will work is HO will send a letter to everyone dont know if its just through post or email most likely through post before your BRP card expires to provide information through the app.

I dont think it applies to people who have ILR status from long time ago like my dad who got ILR in 1990.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:55 pm

I dont think it applies to people who have ILR status from long time ago like my dad who got ILR in 1990.
I wouldn't bank on it. If he wants to travel or needs to prove his status he'll have to move to what's required. Best to keep an eye on Home Office pronouncements. As you pointed out how do they contact you personally - probably not or with difficulty.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:37 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:55 pm
I wouldn't bank on it. If he wants to travel or needs to prove his status he'll have to move to what's required. Best to keep an eye on Home Office pronouncements. As you pointed out how do they contact you personally - probably not or with difficulty.
Why im saying this is my dad has never had a brp card in his life and didnt feel the need to apply for one. He never had a problem travelling in out of UK only travels to Backhome Bangladesh with his Bangladesh passport he has never applied for British citizenship this might change to prove his status as you have mentioned. HO wants people to be on an online system makes it easier for immigration to check information more quickly and swiftly and check your own information easily.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:40 pm

For travel the old style ILR vignette is still acceptable, even in an expired passport, but right to work, right to rent, financial transactions, or similar where an immigration status needs to be proven will be difficult as only BRPs are expected for that.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:40 pm
For travel the old style ILR vignette is still acceptable, even in an expired passport, but right to work, right to rent, financial transactions, or similar where an immigration status needs to be proven will be difficult as only BRPs are expected for that.
My dad lost his passport that had the ILR but had paper work which HO gave to prove he has ILR he would carry with when going backhome when he returned to the UK.

As for Financial Transactions Bank showing his passport and proof of address is fine when opening Bank account no problem for him.

Renting as my Dad showed the local council the passport that had the ILR he has been renting from the council ever snice he got his ILR and we moved properties only 1 once.

When me and my partner moved to a housing association property they asked for passports to show proof of ID and told them I can be the tenant only as my partner is on her visa 10 year route to ILR then in 2022 moved to a two bed different housing association property I only showed my passport when housing officer came to check my ID only as I am the tenant.

It differs from Company, housing associations to local authorities etc.. what they ask for.

Im just happy that my partner andoother people dont need to keep paper work such as decisions letters etc.. Everything will be online no need to worry about loosing documents and request the one you lost.