ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 to GTV

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Switching from Tier 2 to GTV

Post by BravoCharlie » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:32 pm

Hi,

I and my family are on Tier 2 and PBS dependents visas respectively. My current Tier 2 visa expires on 27/10/2023. My visa was stamped on 27/10/2020 but I arrived in the UK on 13/01/2021. As I am approaching the renewal of my visa, I am weighing my options:

Option 1: Switch to Global Talent Visa (GTV) now.
I am a Senior Lecturer and Programme Director for a postgraduate programme in our university.
1. If I switch to GTV now, will I become eligible for ILR on 27/10/2023 or 13/01/2024?
2. If I switch to GTV now, I understand that my dependents do not need to switch until their current visa expires (on 27/10/2023). At that time, will they need to switch to GTV dependents? Does it have implications for their ILR eligibility?
3. If I switch to GTV now, then on 27/10/2023, will my dependents need to extend their visa for 2 years or 3 years to become eligible for ILR?

Option 2: Extend my Tier 2 visa on 27/10/2022.
We all become eligible for ILR through the 5 year route.

Thanking you in anticipation.