ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to declare income, would this impact my application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Forgot to declare income, would this impact my application

Post by seemark2023 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:37 pm

Hi All,

I applied under SET (M) using Category F (last full financial year) on 14th February. Probably this is in retrospect as my super priority application hasn't returned even after 3 working days of biometric done. I had following questions:
  • I have submitted all the finance documents as director of the company A(salary and dividends) for last full financial year. But the year ended on 30th April 2022. Would that be ok as its when my tax year ended and this one ends on 30 April 2023? I have submitted documents for ongoing employment as director as well.
  • I am director of two companies but have submitted documents from the company A where I drew all my salary/dividends from but nothing from company B. Is that witholding information?
  • Also I took some customer payments in my personal account at the start of the financial year for the company B but I havent shown this income at all but this income is accounted in tax returns for company B. Would this prove a problem?
  • My biometric was on 8th March at 9:00 am. But I still haven't heard anything even for requesting more information or refusal. I read on the terms that if they need more information or need more time, they inform but they haven't. I called up the customer service, and they said they could only nudge but have no information.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Seema

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Forgot to declare income, would this impact my application

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:37 am

1. That is fine
2. There is no issue. This is not a full disclosure
3. This is irrelevant
4. See: I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by seemark2023 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 am

Thanks!

Nothing so far. I hope at least they let me know what is missing! The agent on the phone said, no news is good news. Not sure what to make of it :)

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by seemark2023 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:48 pm

Thanks @zimba for the pointers.

I checked the refund for Super priority services on the link you have mentioned. It says get in touch with contact centre staff and give following information:
• name
• date of birth
• Nationality
• passport number
• Nationality / citizenship application reference
• reason for your refund request

But the only way to contact them is by phone.
Is there any email id I can use to get refund for SET (M) super priority refund (for missing SLAs) and has someone done this successfully and has a format.

Would be greatly helpful. I would like to request a refund as when I miss my self assessment by few days, I get a good £100 penalty from HMRC. Why should it be any different when they miss timelines.

Thanks a lot
S

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:09 pm

seemark2023 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:48 pm
Thanks @zimba for the pointers.

I checked the refund for Super priority services on the link you have mentioned. It says get in touch with contact centre staff and give following information:
• name
• date of birth
• Nationality
• passport number
• Nationality / citizenship application reference
• reason for your refund request

But the only way to contact them is by phone.
Is there any email id I can use to get refund for SET (M) super priority refund (for missing SLAs) and has someone done this successfully and has a format.

Would be greatly helpful. I would like to request a refund as when I miss my self assessment by few days, I get a good £100 penalty from HMRC. Why should it be any different when they miss timelines.

Thanks a lot
S
Get your decision first, then pursue refund.

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by seemark2023 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:06 pm

Thanks!

I have chased and got my case escalated and have been told to wait 10 working days and case worker will come back.

Hope they do.

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by seemark2023 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:34 pm

Hi

In case of delayed decisions for SET (M) with super priority, how long have people waited. As I was told I should hear back in 10 working days. Is that a standard or I am looking at waiting for as long as 6 months.
Sorry I am anxious as the whole reason I applied super priority was that I wish to travel for business in April.

I know there is no set answer but some direction would help me make a decision to wait until few days before 10th April (when I fly) to postpone or go ahead.

Thanks a lot.. and sorry to pass on the panic.

S

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:15 pm

The link above posted by Zimba addresses your query regarding timescales for priority services.
zimba wrote: Almost half of the queries daily are the same question being asked over and over again.
The priority visa service is not a guaranteed service. Your application will take longer if the caseworker cannot make a decision quickly or if they need more evidence. There may be checks and verifications required that can take longer. They will come back to you when they are done. No one can tell you when or how or why. Please wait to hear back :!:
I know it's not an ideal scenario when the applicant is paying extra for a faster service, but these things can happen.

It's always been advised not to plan any travel when having a pending immigration application or if possible, to postpone the application after the travel. Again, the priority or super-priority services are not a guarantee of anything.

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by seemark2023 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:09 pm

Ok so it could be from one day to six months or anything.
So I should not hold by breath when the contact Center said today that we have escalated your case and you should definitely hear back something in 10 working days?

Anyone has experience of communication within that time frame?

momo_2013
Newly Registered
India

Post by momo_2013 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:59 am

I also called them and was told the exact same thing. Was also given a ticket reference number. It has been more than 4 days but no update.

Did anyone get the update as promised in 5 working days?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:30 am

momo_2013 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:59 am
I also called them and was told the exact same thing. Was also given a ticket reference number. It has been more than 4 days but no update.

Did anyone get the update as promised in 5 working days?
Wait till you hear from them, while other persons timeliness may be a guide it does not mean yours will mirror theirs.

seemark2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by seemark2023 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Finally got the approval after 5 working days. There was no communication within those 5 days.
Could someone please let me know if there is an email id I can use to claim refund or I need to call contact centre.

Thanks
S

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm

seemark2023 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:17 pm
Finally got the approval after 5 working days. There was no communication within those 5 days.
Could someone please let me know if there is an email id I can use to claim refund or I need to call contact centre.

Thanks
S
Immigration and nationality refunds policy
Process to request a refund for services relating to an immigration application or service
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice