ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility in case of redundancy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bert768
Newly Registered
India

ILR eligibility in case of redundancy

Post by Bert768 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Hi all,

I became eligible to apply for ILR in Nov 2022 (completed 5 years on skilled worker visa without gaps). Unfortunately just when I started the process of applying for ILR in Jan 2023, I was made redundant by the employer (sponsor). I have now left that employer and am currently unemployed, although I have 1 year left of the current visa. I still haven't received any curtailment letter from home office.

Now I have landed up a job offer, but unfortunately they don't have a sponsorship license to sponsor a skilled worker visa for me, and they don't want to go that route of applying for sponsorship license. They are happy to provide me with all the documents I need for ILR.

My question is can I go ahead and apply for ILR (set O) under the skilled worker category? I won't have a sponsorship from the new employment to submit, but they will be giving me offer letter and "required for employment" letter. Or is there any other way/possiblity I can apply for ILR without sponsorship but with a new employment evidence?

I also contacted and spoke with Home Office and CAB, but haven't found any answer/solution.

Appreciate any help in advance. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR eligibility in case of redundancy

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:39 pm

No. You cannot get ILR at all. ILR requires you to have a sponsor and be employed by them. They also must need you for the foreseeable future. Note that you are NOT allowed to work for any employer in the UK unless you are sponsored by them :!:
You must find a new sponsor and get a new skilled worker visa first. That is only then that you can apply for ILR via them.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice