ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continues residency calculation for 10 year ILR route when visa status changed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zealprashant
Newly Registered
India

Continues residency calculation for 10 year ILR route when visa status changed

Post by zealprashant » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:18 am

Hi,

I came to UK on T2 ICT ST visa in Aug 2016 and went back to home country in Aug 2017 to get the new visa stamped.
I got the T2 ICT LT visa and came back to UK in Oct 2017 after 2 months of break.

Since then I am continuously living in UK on work permits.

My question is -

Will that 1 year stay on T2 ICT ST visa in UK count towards my 10 year ILR route or the gap of 2 month for the purpose of new visa application will be considered as a discontinuous residency ?

Thank you so much in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Continues residency calculation for 10 year ILR route when visa status changed

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm

Tier 2 visas count towards the long residence. The gap is acceptable if you left the UK with a valid visa and returned within 6 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice