ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character-Concerned about Traffic Tickets

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Redstar222
United States of America

Good Character-Concerned about Traffic Tickets

Post by Redstar222 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:24 am

My husband just received ILR and we are thinking ahead to applying for British citizenship, as we plan to apply exactly a year from now. Recently, however, he received several minor traffic tickets (e.g. being in a bus lane, parking in wrong spot, etc). There are no speeding tickets or anything for reckless/dangerous driving, and we're going to see if we can get some taken off and, if not, will pay the fines promptly.

I keep reading that several tickets in a row can be an issue for good character. What can we do to prevent this being a problem, or will he need to wait longer now to apply for citizenship? He has a clean driving record other than this and has had his UK license over two years now. All tickets were in the city centre where we don't normally drive and they unfortunately have a lot of cameras so not a lot of room for minor errors if you get turned about or lost.

Thanks for any help!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Good Character-Concerned about Traffic Tickets

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:04 pm

Redstar222 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:24 am
My husband just received ILR and we are thinking ahead to applying for British citizenship, as we plan to apply exactly a year from now. Recently, however, he received several minor traffic tickets (e.g. being in a bus lane, parking in wrong spot, etc). There are no speeding tickets or anything for reckless/dangerous driving, and we're going to see if we can get some taken off and, if not, will pay the fines promptly.

I keep reading that several tickets in a row can be an issue for good character. What can we do to prevent this being a problem, or will he need to wait longer now to apply for citizenship? He has a clean driving record other than this and has had his UK license over two years now. All tickets were in the city centre where we don't normally drive and they unfortunately have a lot of cameras so not a lot of room for minor errors if you get turned about or lost.

Thanks for any help!
It should be fine. he just needs to declare it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!