ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) application for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

SET (M) application for spouse

Post by nithin.kriz » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:12 am

I am currently completing the SET(M) application for my wife. She has completed 2x2.5 FLR(M) = 5 years and now looking to apply for ILR. Please could you help on my below queries

1. During her pervious applications, she was able to select UK NARIC certificate to comply with the english language requirement. But the current online application only lists the degree certificate for the degree taught in English as an option. Do we still select this option but try and upload the UK NARIC document during document upload? please advice.

2. Also she has been absent from the UK intermittently on family visits and educational purposes, Is there any time limit for dependents?

3. I remember sometime ago when i applied my ILR-LR, that i needed to be present in the UK on the date of application exactly 10 years prior to my application date (meaning i should not have been absent on the original start date of my 10 year timeline for my visa) - is there any requirement for the spouse that i need to be mindful of? i can try and explain it better if this is unclear.

4. What is the process flow for current application - Is it > complete application>make payment>wait for biometric invite letter>upload documents>attend biometric appointment>application decision letter>BRP card arrival

Thanks and regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (M) application for spouse

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:24 am

1. Yes

2. No absence limit and you were advised of this previously when you asked in 2020.

3. The qualifying period for set m starts from the day you entered the uk on a spouse visa.

4. Correct except you don't wait for a biometrics letter, it is all online once you submit and pay for the application, you will be directed to UKCVAS etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Great, thanks for the prompt response.

One further question, In her application for financial requirement (we are meeting this based on my annual salary via permeant employment) I am a naturalized British citizen and our son is a British citizen by birth.
The Financial Requirement threshold which has been calculated is £18,600.00. I hope this is correct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 pm

It is correct yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:30 pm

Many thanks CR001.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Thu May 11, 2023 3:58 pm

A follow up question based on the above; She has now received her ILR via SET(M). Does she have to wait for 12 months before applying for naturalization? or can she apply now since she is spouse of a British citizen?

Thanks again in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 11, 2023 4:06 pm

She can apply immediately
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Please ask citizenship questions in the appropriate sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Thu May 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Thanks and lot Zimba and CR001