ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Covee
United Kingdom

Replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) visa

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:48 pm

Hi All,
In need of help and advice,
we left my wife's BRP card at home in the UK when we went away for holiday to India,
she was not able to board the flight to return to the UK without the BRP,

I have since returned home and tried posting the BRP card to her however it is currently stuck with customs in India and i'm not sure how long it will take to get it cleared from customs, and my wife needs to return asap before her current spouse visa expires on 22 April 23.

My thought is, if customs take any longer, I will report the BRP as lost and apply for the Replacement BRP visa to get her back into the UK then apply for the FLR M.

Does anybody know what information is required for the Replacement BRP visa? or where I can find good advice on all the documents and information I need to provide in the Replacement BRP visa application?

higgs1818
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: Replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) visa

Post by higgs1818 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 pm

Perhaps if your wife’s BRP card is stuck with customs in India and she needs to return to the UK before her current spouse visa expires on 22 April 23, one option could be to report the BRP as lost and apply for a Replacement BRP visa which lets her re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154. Once she returns to the UK, she can apply for a replacement BRP.