ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel window for visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wedafim
Newly Registered
India

Travel window for visit visa

Post by wedafim » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:37 pm

Hello All,

My parents have been granted a Visitor Visa (6 months) from 15/04/2023 to 15/10/2023. Thanks in no small measure to the extremely helpful guidance available on this forum. It helped us a lot in preparing the applications. :)

Coming to my question, are they free to travel anytime within the approved period, or they must travel within the initial 30 days (between 15/04/2023 to 14/05/2023) for the first time?

They mentioned the trip will start from 15/04/2023 on the application, however, airfares have peaked in that week now. There are cheaper fares available second week of May onwards, but, we aren't sure if that would cause any issues at the point of entry.

I can't find any guidance on this on the UKVI/Home Office sites, so, I am hoping it wouldn't be a problem? :|

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel window for visit visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:44 pm

They can travel ANY time within the validity of the visa.

There is no "must travel within 30 days" rule for visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wedafim
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travel window for visit visa

Post by wedafim » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:44 pm
They can travel ANY time within the validity of the visa.

There is no "must travel within 30 days" rule for visitor visas.
Thank you! :)