ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Gap

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Diamante
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Gap

Post by Diamante » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:41 pm

I'm on a Tier 1 visa for 3 years (extended under the JR) which will bring me to 5 years on HSMP + Tier 1. This is my 3rd year in the UK. I might have to go work in the US for about a year. Is there a way for me to not lose my Tier 1 while I'm away? If I'm away for a year, will it just be a matter of getting my ILR one additional year later or will I lose it completely and have to start from scratch? Will I be able to return on my Tier 1 after a year?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:40 pm

How many years you must be in the United Kingdom before applying for settlement wrote:You must complete a continuous period of five years in the United Kingdom in an eligible immigration category before you can apply for settlement, and you must meet all the requirements of the immigration rules before you are eligible to apply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.