ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport validity to enter UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahulhamid1999
Newly Registered

Passport validity to enter UK

Post by shahulhamid1999 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:26 am

I received my ILR in Aug last year for myself and my family. We are going to vacation to India in Aug and when we will enter UK, my daughter will only have 4 months of passport validity. Will she be allowed to enter UK or she needs 6 month valid passport. I plan to apply for UK citizenship when I am back in Sept so not thinking to apply for her Indian passport extension at the moment.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport validity to enter UK

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:37 am

You and family are UK residents - all that is required for entry is a valid passport and BRP, no minimum validity.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Passport validity to enter UK

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:16 pm

shahulhamid1999 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:26 am
I received my ILR in Aug last year for myself and my family. We are going to vacation to India in Aug and when we will enter UK, my daughter will only have 4 months of passport validity. Will she be allowed to enter UK or she needs 6 month valid passport. NO I plan to apply for UK citizenship when I am back in Sept so not thinking to apply for her Indian passport extension at the moment.