ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement forgot

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

axeman85
Ghana

Spouse application

Post by axeman85 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:09 am

I am a British citizen and work for the nhs as a nurse. I want to apply for my wife to join me In the uk. Will I have to pay for the IHS fee ? Bearing in mind I work for the nhs as a nurse.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse application

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:28 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:09 am
I am a British citizen and work for the nhs as a nurse. I want to apply for my wife to join me In the uk. Will I have to pay for the IHS fee ? Bearing in mind I work for the nhs as a nurse.

Thanks.
No, you are exempted.

Waqar2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Waqar2023 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:16 am

Are you sure? I'm a british doctor and sponsoring my wife who is unemployed. I can't find anything that says we won't have to pay the IHS although I have seen that if my wife was a healthcare worker then she iwould be exempt

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:36 am

Waqar2023 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:16 am
Are you sure? I'm a british doctor and sponsoring my wife who is unemployed. I can't find anything that says we won't have to pay the IHS although I have seen that if my wife was a healthcare worker then she iwould be exempt
Do not hijack another person's thread. Start your own topic and ask your questions there.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:05 am

axeman85 wrote:

Thanks.
You have to pay IHS. There are only very specific circumstances where you get a refund for 6 months, which you have to apply for if you qualify. See link below. My understanding is that this applies to main visa holders and their dependents and not necessarily to British partners applying for their spouses.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-he ... re-setting
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:05 am
axeman85 wrote:

Thanks.
You have to pay IHS. There are only very specific circumstances where you get a refund for 6 months, which you have to apply for if you qualify. See link below. My understanding is that this applies to main visa holders and their dependents and not necessarily to British partners applying for their spouses.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-he ... re-setting

Yes you are correct I had to pay for IHs but please I have another problem which I just found out. I submitted my wife’s application yesterday and she also already had biometrics yesterday abroad and application sent to UKVI.

However I noticed I didn’t upload my bank statements as I totally forgot about it. I assumed my letter from employer confirming my employment and payslip was enough.

Please should I wait for them to request this or I can just quickly send it via signed for guaranteed post for delivery Monday . Can I also get an address please guys am desperate here

axeman85
Ghana

Bank statement forgot

Post by axeman85 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:59 am

Good day guys

Please I submitted my wife’s application yesterday and she also already had biometrics yesterday abroad and application sent to UKVI notification received yesterday

However this morning I just decided to check evidence I submitted and I noticed I didn’t upload my bank statements as I totally forgot about it. I assumed my letter from employer confirming my employment and payslip was enough.

I am at the branch now waiting for them to open so I can print it out and get it stamped by them.

Please should I wait for the home office to request this or I can just quickly send it via signed for guaranteed post for delivery Monday .

Can I also get an email address or postal address please guys am desperate here . I don’t want them to refuse or delay the application based on the bank statement please.

I wait for your response good people

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Bank statement forgot

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:52 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:59 am
Good day guys

Please I submitted my wife’s application yesterday and she also already had biometrics yesterday abroad and application sent to UKVI notification received yesterday

However this morning I just decided to check evidence I submitted and I noticed I didn’t upload my bank statements as I totally forgot about it. I assumed my letter from employer confirming my employment and payslip was enough.

I am at the branch now waiting for them to open so I can print it out and get it stamped by them.

Please should I wait for the home office to request this or I can just quickly send it via signed for guaranteed post for delivery Monday .

Can I also get an email address or postal address please guys am desperate here . I don’t want them to refuse or delay the application based on the bank statement please.

Evidence of meeting financial requirements is an important component of spouse visa application. You can only hope that the CW request this from you otherwise a refusal is what it ends in.
Hard copy documents are no more posted as part of the application.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:52 pm
axeman85 wrote:
Good day guys

Evidence of meeting financial requirements is an important component of spouse visa application. You can only hope that the CW request this from you otherwise a refusal is what it ends in.

Yes I know that that is why I said I assumed my confirmation of employment as an nhs nurse and payslip shows that . I don’t know how I managed to forget bank statement.

Well I hope the eco will ask for it. Cos I have seen posts. On here suggesting they would likely send an email to request for it and any other information they might need if the need arises

But I have also seen a Sheffield email address which I could try send the statement to on Monday with a letter and hope they accept it.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 am

axeman85 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:20 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
axeman85 wrote:
Good day guys

Yes I know that that is why I said I assumed my confirmation of employment as an nhs nurse and payslip shows that . I don’t know how I managed to forget bank statement.

Well I hope the eco will ask for it. Cos I have seen posts. On here suggesting they would likely send an email to request for it and any other information they might need if the need arises

But I have also seen a Sheffield email address which I could try send the statement to on Monday with a letter and hope they accept it.
ECO would never ask for it. A decision would be made based on the documents you've sent. Application would most likely fail.
Applications made outside the UK are the easiest to reject, if it fails remotely with a lack of evidence.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:16 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 am
axeman85 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
axeman85 wrote:
Good day guys

ECO would never ask for it. A decision would be made based on the documents you've sent. Application would most likely fail.
Applications made outside the UK are the easiest to reject, if it fails remotely with a lack of evidence.

Thank you very ,inch for your reply. The caseworker handbook which I have happen to come across states if an evidence that was omitted that is a available, the case worker can trigger evidence flexibility rather than refuse the application outright. In other words if the application is fine and the only thing required is the bank statement then they could request for it rather than refuse it .

As stated earlier someone on here had the same issue and they sent an email for it to be provided.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Thank you very ,inch for your reply. The caseworker handbook which I have happen to come across states if an evidence that was omitted that is a available, the case worker can trigger evidence flexibility rather than refuse the application outright. In other words if the application is fine and the only thing required is the bank statement then they could request for it rather than refuse it .

As stated earlier someone on here had the same issue and they sent an email for it to be provided.

Thanks
It's nice to be hopeful. All case workers are not the same. The ones I have been privy to know about (2 cases), have been rejected based on that, and obviously a few other things.

The rejection letter never says just one thing, they tend to beef it up with a few other minor issues that might have been overlooked.

Please keep us updated on the outcome.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:43 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:16 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 am
axeman85 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
axeman85 wrote:
Good day guys

Thanks
You are right on what you got above hence why I said let's "hope". Some CW do, most don't, once it's not sighted, they look for other things to add to it.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:10 am

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Thanks
It's nice to be hopeful. All case workers are not the same. The ones I have been privy to know about (2 cases), have been rejected based on that, and obviously a few other things.

The rejection letter never says just one thing, they tend to beef it up with a few other minor issues that might have been overlooked.

Please keep us updated on the outcome.

Yea I know. Thanks for the replies. It’s first spouse visa and am the sponsor and I have everything tenenacy agreements, payslips (nhs Nurse) , employment letter, pictures,call records, wedding certificates, and I meet the income threshold. The only thing I missed was the bank statement. That is why I said evidence flexibility could be triggered if they needed it.

But will update you as it goes. Thanks.