ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: IGS to PSW transition> Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Md
Newly Registered

Urgent: IGS to PSW transition> Maintenance Fund

Post by Md » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:59 am

Hi All

Please help me with your wise advice. I didn't realize earlier that I have to maintain a fund of £800 for three month continuously. As my VISA expires on Feb 24th and if I guess I have to send my application some days earlier, I will be short 10-12 days of statements. (eg. Nov25 -Dec24, Dec25-Jan24, Jan 25 - Feb 15)

Please advice what I can do, as I cannot show previous statements which are not maintaining £800.

Also currently I am working with very good salary. I can show letters and payslip from my employer. will it help ?

PLEASE ADVICE.

mscorpio

Re: Urgent: IGS to PSW transition> Maintenance Fund

Post by mscorpio » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:36 am

Md wrote:
Also currently I am working with very good salary. I can show letters and payslip from my employer. will it help ?

PLEASE ADVICE.

No. I am sorry the rules are very clear about this.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Urgent: IGS to PSW transition> Maintenance Fund

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:57 am

mscorpio wrote:
Md wrote:

PLEASE ADVICE.

No. I am sorry the rules are very clear about this.
Yes, with a PBS the app is a tickbox for the caseworker - tick 'yes' or 'no' - this is a 'no' so the app will fail.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Md
Newly Registered

Tanks but

Post by Md » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi Thanks All

Just wondering if anyone have applied for transition to PSW with short of 5-10 days statements.

What if I got rejected and apply back from my country. As my VISA expires on Feb and guess I will be rejected. Then If I apply back from my country (meanwhile starting maintaining fund £2800 from now). Also there is rule that I need to apply within 12 month of certificate awarded, but that has been expired for me as I am already on IGS. Can I still reapply from my country for PSW extension ?

yashima
Newly Registered

Post by yashima » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:14 pm

I would love to know this as well, could anybody please help?

lizsmith
Newly Registered

Post by lizsmith » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:17 pm

As my VISA expires on Feb 24th and if I guess I have to send my application some days earlier.

I believe you can apply up to the date your visa expires so if your visa is good thru' February 24th, you can apply on February 24th either in person (with an appointment) or by post, so long as the posting date on your application is February 24th. I also believe you can go to your bank on the 24th and obtain either a letter showing 3 months of funds (provided they've been there) or a statement which would have to be stamped as original, signed and maybe accompanied by a letter stating that they are true and correct copies of the originals. You should check the HO website for the exact form of these statements but they could be up to the 24th. Good luck!!

email257525
BANNED

Assistance

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi,

I guess you should apply Incountry, as you saying you will not have completed complete 90 days maintaining funds of 800GBP. I have a tip for you i may work.

You know when applying PSW, to fullfill the maintenance requirements, you can give evidence in 4 different ways.

1- banks statements,
2- Letter from bank
3- letter from financial company
4- passbook of bank

What if you only attach just the Bank letter covering all those points which are mentioned in the PSW guide lines page 20 point no 3. I hope you can get letter as you saying good wages are coming to the accout and bank staff might be happy with you. So they will produce the letter. It will sort out your problem....

if you need any more assistance please do not hesitate and contact at email257525@yahoo.com

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:36 pm

hello all, If some is refused to IGS to PSW transition and if his IGS is already expired then what option is left for him? just to go back home? and i have seen some discussion in another forum that, some one can not apply for transition IGS to PSW from back home. it must has to be from UK. is it true? so it means some one who is is IGS and his transition to PSW is refused, the only option he gets is to go back home? and only apply for student visa again?(which i assuem will be very hard since there will be a refusal record in his immigration history). please share your ideas.

email257525
BANNED

Assistance

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Dear,,,

I have no Idea,,,, i am not 100 percent sure but i think someone will still have 28 days after the expiry of the visa to live legally in the country... please check with the solicitor,,, you may find may solicitors in www.gumtree.com

Good Luck and Best Wishes

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Assistance

Post by nionlight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am

email257525 wrote:Dear,,,

I have no Idea,,,, i am not 100 percent sure but i think someone will still have 28 days after the expiry of the visa to live legally in the country... please check with the solicitor,,, you may find may solicitors in www.gumtree.com

Dear email thanks for reply. may be some one can stay leagly 28 days but problem is in this 28 days he cannot apply for any new visa or switch visa or something like that, thats what i heard from many people. so it means once some IGS holder is refused transition to PSW the only option he has to go back and apply for student visa?

email257525
BANNED

Thanks for that

Post by email257525 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 am

Dear,

Thanks for your reply,,
That is why i said i am not 100% sure please check with the solicitor or the consultants...

Wishing you very Good luck

vinodekumar
Newly Registered

Post by vinodekumar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 am

You can get the letter from your bank on 24th of Feb,stating that you had the funds in your account for three months. And send your application on 24th by special delivery. I am sure there shouldn't be any problem. I had done it for myself on 31st March, 2008.

salam123

Post by salam123 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 am

nionlight wrote:

Dear email thanks for reply. may be some one can stay leagly 28 days but problem is in this 28 days he cannot apply for any new visa or switch visa or something like that, thats what i heard from many people. so it means once some IGS holder is refused transition to PSW the only option he has to go back and apply for student visa?
tell u what people buy certificates and ho proves that false......why don't u make bank statement and send it to ho and i guaranty this time u will be safe....they not gonna call bank to prove it........

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 am

salam123 wrote:
nionlight wrote:

tell u what people buy certificates and ho proves that false......why don't u make bank statement and send it to ho and i guaranty this time u will be safe....they not gonna call bank to prove it........
I reckon ur sailing perilously close to ban for suggesting such crap.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

email257525
BANNED

Hi,

Post by email257525 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:48 am

To Last Caller,

We just gave him/her suggestions on the basis of previous cases, as Home Office does not sort of borther if the papers are issued from any UK company/Bank,

So Just hope that The bank letter will work

Good Luck

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:02 am

email257525 wrote:To Last Caller,

We just gave him/her suggestions on the basis of previous cases, as Home Office does not sort of borther if the papers are issued from any UK company/Bank,

So Just hope that The bank letter will work

Good Luck
Ridiculous, the HO does bother with UK issued documents. Very dangerous advice.

Please stop trying to agree with everyone email257525, or whatever it is that you are doing.

Md
Newly Registered

Post by Md » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 am

lizsmith wrote:As my VISA expires on Feb 24th and if I guess I have to send my application some days earlier.

I believe you can apply up to the date your visa expires so if your visa is good thru' February 24th, you can apply on February 24th either in person (with an appointment) or by post, so long as the posting date on your application is February 24th. I also believe you can go to your bank on the 24th and obtain either a letter showing 3 months of funds (provided they've been there) or a statement which would have to be stamped as original, signed and maybe accompanied by a letter stating that they are true and correct copies of the originals. You should check the HO website for the exact form of these statements but they could be up to the 24th. Good luck!!
Hai Thanks........my VISA expires is on 25th Feb'09...so As Frontier Mole and other peoples suggested that I can go to my Bank on 24th feb and ask for a print out of statement with stamped and a letter from my bank. That could do a lot.

BUT..........the problem is I just saw---

1. on HO website that electronic bank statements are only allowed for online banking ??? (i am confused about this bit)

2. I have made an test with statement from Bank, I have ordered earlier for bank statements and I have received it this morning, this is real c**p, they have sent me the statements as a photocopy (looks like) and there is no letter head or bank logo on it, just my name and account number.

So I will arrange a letter from my bank and I hope my bank will help me to attach statements for this issue.

Anyone got any tips for banks to convey our issues so it might become easier to get the statements and letter ?

thanks to everyone....its nice when everyone is positive......