ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visitor visa for Indian citizens in USA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier2_applicant

UK visitor visa for Indian citizens in USA

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi,

I am a UK citizen (naturalisation) while my wife is an Indian citizen (with ILR).

My in laws are Indian nationals, who have been in the USA since last 6 months, staying with their son and got their Green Card around 2/3 months back (application had been put in few years back).

Now, they would like to travel to India from USA between Aug and Oct.
On their return from India to USA, they would like to spend a few months with us in the UK, starting in November.

For this the plan is to apply for a visitor visa (6 months). Their history of international travel has only been to USA 2 times in past 5 years and my mother in law visited us in UK 7 years back.

They would like to apply for the UK visitor visa in August, from USA (rather than India), before leaving for India. My queries are that:

1. Is it advisable to put the application from USA (they are really keen on not applying from India (due to lack of any family support there and the fact that will have to go to the VFS offices 2/3 times).

2. If they apply from USA and get their visitor visa for UK, would there be any issues in using it to fly from India to UK ?(as the visa would have been issued from USA but being used from India).

Hope someone who has knowledge of such a situation can clarify for me.

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK visitor visa for Indian citizens in USA

Post by Ticktack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:08 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:29 pm
Hi,

I am a UK citizen (naturalisation) while my wife is an Indian citizen (with ILR).

My in laws are Indian nationals, who have been in the USA since last 6 months, staying with their son and got their Green Card around 2/3 months back (application had been put in few years back).

Now, they would like to travel to India from USA between Aug and Oct.
On their return from India to USA, they would like to spend a few months with us in the UK, starting in November.

For this the plan is to apply for a visitor visa (6 months). Their history of international travel has only been to USA 2 times in past 5 years and my mother in law visited us in UK 7 years back.

They would like to apply for the UK visitor visa in August, from USA (rather than India), before leaving for India. My queries are that:

1. Is it advisable to put the application from USA (they are really keen on not applying from India (due to lack of any family support there and the fact that will have to go to the VFS offices 2/3 times). They are legally resident in the US and can apply from there without fuss. Same way your wife on ILR can apply for any countries visa from the UK where she's legally residing.

2. If they apply from USA and get their visitor visa for UK, would there be any issues in using it to fly from India to UK ?(as the visa would have been issued from USA but being used from India). They can fly from anywhere into the UK. Having a return ticket exiting the UK is important. Return ticket can either terminate in the US or India.

Hope someone who has knowledge of such a situation can clarify for me.

Thank you
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

tier2_applicant

Re: UK visitor visa for Indian citizens in USA

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Thats great @Ticktack, thanks very much for confirming.