ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Change

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Name Change

Post by sorrels_mo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:46 am

Hi,

I want to inquire about changing surname after being granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) due to marriage. Specifically, I would like to know whether I need to apply for a new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) and how I can inform the Home Office of this change.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name Change

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:02 am

You need to change your passport and then apply for a new brp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:35 pm

I ultimately decided not to change my last name.

I recently renewed my passport and now need to update my details with the home office. However, despite entering my correct details, I am unable to log in to the system. The following link provides information on how to update UK visa and immigration account details: https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 am

sorrels_mo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:35 pm
I ultimately decided not to change my last name.

I recently renewed my passport and now need to update my details with the home office. However, despite entering my correct details, I am unable to log in to the system. The following link provides information on how to update UK visa and immigration account details: https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details.

Thanks
Do you have an ongoing application? If not there is no mandatory requirement for you to update your details with Home Office.

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:37 am

Thanks

I want to clarify that I do not currently have any pending applications. I trust your knowledge, but for my own peace of mind, could you please provide me with a reference to any URLs or documents that state there are no mandatory requirements?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:42 am

sorrels_mo wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:37 am
Thanks

I want to clarify that I do not currently have any pending applications. I trust your knowledge, but for my own peace of mind, could you please provide me with a reference to any URLs or documents that state there are no mandatory requirements?
Do read through below

https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:47 am

You hold ILR, therefore are not subject to immigration control.

There is no requirement to update ukvi with everything you do unless you change your name. Simply renewing your passport is just that, something you do but don't have to update ukvi unless details such as name has changed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:15 am

Thank you both