ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is the 10 year route possible?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bushramanzoor2015
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is the 10 year route possible?

Post by Bushramanzoor2015 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:16 am

Hello;

I am a British Citizen. I want to apply for my wifes spouse visa. She is pakistani and has never visited the uk before. We have been married for 2 years now. No kids. I am due to start work next month and will meet the financial requirement after 6 months. I do not want to wait that long. I have read today that it is possible to apply for her spouse visa under the 10 year route if we do not meet any requirements which in my case are the financial requirement currently. She has passed her A1 ielts test and meets the financial requirement. Is it possible to apply for her spouse visa under the 10 year route? Do our conditions meet the requirements of the 10 route and how likely is it to be granted? Thanks

vinny

Re: Is the 10 year route possible?

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:37 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:38 pm

Bushramanzoor2015 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:16 am
I have read today that it is possible to apply for her spouse visa under the 10 year route if we do not meet any requirements
To the best of my knowledge, that applies if the spouse is already in the UK on another non-visit visa.

So, for instance, if the non-British spouse is in the UK on a student visa and their British citizen spouse can't meet some requirements, they can apply under the 10 year family and private life pathway.

But, to the best of my knowledge, I do not think it is possible to initiate this application while the non-British spouse is still abroad.

It can be used to extend an existing resident visa while the applicant (non-British spouse) is in the UK, not start one ab initio while that spouse is abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:54 pm

It may not be common but the Rules allow for the 10-year route to be granted on entry clearance visas.

They claim in many entry clearance spouse visa refusals that they considered if the applicant qualified on the 10-year route.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."