ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wandra
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension

Post by Wandra » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:27 pm

Hi,
My husband spouse visa is due to expiry this month and we are in process of filling in the FLR M application.

While do this, we have some doubt which we thought of asking in the forum.

In the relationship page, it ask date of start of relationship and where we were living together.

We initially lived 6 months in India after marriage and later I came to UK at 2019 for sponsor my husband.

My question here this,

1. Do I need to fill in Indian living together date or UK living together date as spouse.

2. As there are only one address option only, we have shifted house in UK for two times. What address i need to fill in this option. Current address or old address in the UK.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:31 am

Wandra wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Hi,
My husband spouse visa is due to expiry this month and we are in process of filling in the FLR M application.

In the relationship page, it ask date of start of relationship and where we were living together.

We initially lived 6 months in India after marriage and later I came to UK at 2019 for sponsor my husband.

My question here this,

1. Do I need to fill in Indian living together date or UK living together date as spouse.

2. As there are only one address option only, we have shifted house in UK for two times. What address i need to fill in this option. Current address or old address in the UK.

Thank you.
Fill in UK address, any other detail can go in cover note including additional addresses if no space to fill it in online form.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:31 am
Wandra wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Hi,

My question here this,

Thank you.
Fill in UK address, any other detail can go in cover note including additional addresses if no space to fill it in online form.
Thank you very much Amazonian X. Additional question.
In the application, there is a question '' Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?'' My husband has travelled to three different country as tourist, do we need to add in these travel history in this question? Please advise.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:00 pm

My husband has travelled to three different country as tourist, do we need to add in these travel history in this question?
No. The question asks clearly about countries he has LIVED in, not visited as a tourist.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:47 am

Thank you

Question 1. For the date of start living together question, after marriage we lived 6 months together in india and later I came to UK to sponsor my husband.
As per your advise, we have stated Uk living address of 2.6 yrs and do we also need to add in Indian living address details in cover page ?

Question 2.
In the application below question is asked and we don’t know what to select as we use my husband bank statement as finiancial evidence to cover 18600 income therhold and joint bank statement for cohabitation.

Is the bank or utility company for which you have applied information and supporting documents held jointly and other people ?

Yes or no

Does the account with bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documents relate to another person who is to provide you financial support ?

Yes or no

Pls advise, thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:24 am

Wandra wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:47 am
Thank you

Question 1. For the date of start living together question, after marriage we lived 6 months together in india and later I came to UK to sponsor my husband.
As per your advise, we have stated Uk living address of 2.6 yrs and do we also need to add in Indian living address details in cover page ? You include in cover note

Question 2.
In the application below question is asked and we don’t know what to select as we use my husband bank statement as finiancial evidence to cover 18600 income therhold and joint bank statement for cohabitation.

Is the bank or utility company for which you have applied information and supporting documents held jointly and other people ?
This is not only about bank statements, what of cohabitation evidence? YES is more likely the response for most applicants

Yes or no

Does the account with bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documents relate to another person who is to provide you financial support ?

Besides you and your spouse, are you using support from a 3rd party? NO is more likely the response for most if not all applicants
Yes or no

Pls advise, thank you

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:29 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:24 am
Wandra wrote:
Thank you

As per your advise, we have stated Uk living address of 2.6 yrs and do we also need to add in Indian living address details in cover page ? You include in cover note

Question 2.

This is not only about bank statements, what of cohabitation evidence? YES is more likely the response for most applicants

Yes or no

Besides you and your spouse, are you using support from a 3rd party? NO is more likely the response for most if not all applicants
Yes or no

Pls advise, thank you
Thank you.
Additionally
for the question '' are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? we clicked yes and gave reason like my husband started his career in the UK and myself living in the UK from the childhood and not very comfortable living in back home. Also, we mentioned we have a baby in the UK and she has adapted to UK environment.
For the next question, Optionally, I will provide the following documents: Do we need to mandatorily submit the evidence by clicking yes, or we can proceed with next question with ignoring it. Please advise.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:34 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:29 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:24 am
Wandra wrote:
Thank you

Question 2.

Yes or no

Yes or no

Pls advise, thank you
Thank you.
Additionally
for the question '' are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? we clicked yes and gave reason like my husband started his career in the UK and myself living in the UK from the childhood and not very comfortable living in back home. Also, we mentioned we have a baby in the UK and she has adapted to UK environment. Your reason is alright
For the next question, Optionally, I will provide the following documents: Do we need to mandatorily submit the evidence by clicking yes, or we can proceed with next question with ignoring it. Please advise.
Not mandatorily

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:26 pm

Thank you.

For the sponsor immigration status, we are planning to give my British passport. Do we need to scan all the pages of my passport or just in photo page?

Because I recently renewed my passport and all the pages are empty.

Also, my husband who is applicant, do we need to scan in all the pages including photo page ?

Pls advise

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:10 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:26 pm
Thank you.

For the sponsor immigration status, we are planning to give my British passport. Do we need to scan all the pages of my passport or just in photo page? Biodata page

Because I recently renewed my passport and all the pages are empty. Scan biodata page and previous pages with travel history, scanning all pages of applicants passport not an issue

Also, my husband who is applicant, do we need to scan in all the pages including photo page ?

Pls advise

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:25 pm

As informed earlier we are using joint bank statement and joint utility bills as the cohabitation documents for my husband FLR M.

For the consent form

Part 1 - my husband will sign as applicant

Part 2- I need to sign in as sponsor

Part 3 - kindly advise who should sign this part.

Declaration for spouses form - I’m signing as a sponsor for my husband.

Also, please advise if above are correct as per our understanding or anything to be changed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:56 am

Wandra wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:25 pm
As informed earlier we are using joint bank statement and joint utility bills as the cohabitation documents for my husband FLR M.

For the consent form

Part 1 - my husband will sign as applicant yes

Part 2- I need to sign in as sponsor yes

Part 3 - kindly advise who should sign this part. Input Not Applicable

Declaration for spouses form - I’m signing as a sponsor for my husband.

Also, please advise if above are correct as per our understanding or anything to be changed.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:15 am

Thank you for your reply.
Another doubt.
For 2 year cohabitation, we rent shared accommodation for the period of 14 months. We don’t have much evidence like bills on our name.

We have only Tenancy agreement (Hand written and signed by both landlord and us) , joint bank statement.

My question here is, can we use my husband personal bank statement as address proof? Because they ask three different sources as proof, and we already used joint bank statement as one of evidence.

Can I use my husband personal bank statement to show address proof for this address.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:30 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:15 am
Thank you for your reply.
Another doubt.
For 2 year cohabitation, we rent shared accommodation for the period of 14 months. We don’t have much evidence like bills on our name.

We have only Tenancy agreement (Hand written and signed by both landlord and us) , joint bank statement.

My question here is, can we use my husband personal bank statement as address proof? Because they ask three different sources as proof, and we already used joint bank statement as one of evidence.

Can I use my husband personal bank statement to show address proof for this address.

Thanks.
Provide as much as possible documents you have to meet the requirements.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:28 pm

Hi , quick question

I have added all the supporting document which was requested while we submitted FLR M application.

Still wondering do I need to write any letter as sponsor to home office requesting to extend my husband visa?

Do applicant any statement letter required ?

Kindly reply urgently, as we have appointment tomorrow.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:43 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:28 pm
Hi , quick question

I have added all the supporting document which was requested while we submitted FLR M application.

Still wondering do I need to write any letter as sponsor to home office requesting to extend my husband visa?

No, it's is not a requirement if you don't have anything you think the cover letter or note will explain better than you already put on form/application

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:35 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:43 pm
Wandra wrote:
Hi , quick question

No, it's is not a requirement if you don't have anything you think the cover letter or note will explain better than you already put on form/application
Thank you for much for you help so far.
Quick doubt. In other spouse visa extension thread of message, that applicant gave "application cover page"
Could you please tell us what it contains.
Thank you .

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:45 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:35 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wandra wrote:
Hi , quick question

Quick doubt. In other spouse visa extension thread of message, that applicant gave "application cover page"
Thank you .
Cover page? Can you make a reference to such previous post for better understanding.
If you mean cover note or letter this is written to address any matter or points that needs clarification or more details which the information already provided on the application may not throw light on sufficiently for the CW to make an informed decision based on the supporting documents and evidence provided.

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:59 am

Wandra wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Wandra wrote:
Hi , quick question

Thank you .
For my FLR M I did not provide any covering letter this time. I provided a covering letter for the first spouse visa which was done out of country. But for FLR M I filled in the form and uploaded all the evidence, fee payment confirmations and document checklist to UKVCAS. I did not provide a cover letter and I had no issues.

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:05 am

Covee wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:59 am
Wandra wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Wandra wrote:
Hi , quick question

Thank you .
I edited my response to make it more clearer -

For my FLR M I did not provide any covering letter this time. I provided a covering letter for the first spouse visa which was done out of country. But for FLR M I filled in the form and uploaded all my evidence, fee payment confirmations and document checklist and signed declarations/consent forms which you are shown by links when you get near to finishing the application online and get close to the payment page. All documents were submitted to UKVCAS website. I did not provide a cover letter and I had no issues. Make sure to download , print, sign and submit the spouse declaration, and the consent forms relevant for your application (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3). In my FLR M application the sponsor signed part 2 and part 3, and the property owner/person we live with signed part 2, and the applicant signed part 1. The sponsor/spouse also completed and signed the spouse declaration

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:17 pm

Thank you for help and reply.
Additional doubt.
In the application form, for the question details of previous address we have written the wrong start dates of our current address. We wrote 04/04/2022. The correct date is 06/04/2022 as per tenancy agreement.
We have already submitted application and scan documents also.
Can I re attach another cover letter stating this mistake and upload again? Will it affect our application?

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:47 pm

Wandra wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:17 pm
Thank you for help and reply.
Additional doubt.
In the application form, for the question details of previous address we have written the wrong start dates of our current address. We wrote 04/04/2022. The correct date is 06/04/2022 as per tenancy agreement.
We have already submitted application and scan documents also.
Can I re attach another cover letter stating this mistake and upload again? Will it affect our application?

Thanks.
This is a minute detail and typo error that shouldn't affect you application which is submitted already