ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Query on ILR application

Post by mmt » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:13 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for ILR at the earliest date because I will also apply for citizenship for my UK born baby upon ILR approval in order to fulfil the plans we have for the Summer. I am almost sure after reading some other posts here but just wanted to confirm before proceeding.

T2 General (5 year)

(a) T2 General vignette on passport: Visa issue date 22/05/2018
(b) Entry to UK: 04/06/2018
(c) BRP date of issue: 08/06/2018

1- Eligibility period starts for me 28 days before the date (a), right? Entry to UK and BRP issue dates are irrelevant.
2- I am also planning to apply the trick mentioned on some other posts here by filling and submitting the application form before the eligibility period starts (earlier than 28 days before the date (a)) and I will make sure the biometric appointment is within the eligibility period. Does this sound good?
3- My wife will apply for ILR on a later date, so is it enough if I get ILR for myself in order to register my UK born baby as a citizen?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Query on ILR application

Post by meself2 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:32 pm

mmt wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:13 pm
2- I am also planning to apply the trick mentioned on some other posts here by filling and submitting the application form before the eligibility period starts (earlier than 28 days before the date (a)) and I will make sure the biometric appointment is within the eligibility period. Does this sound good?
Unsure where did you get this from; what people on the board did is submit their application when they're eligible (ie after 28 days before 5th year anniversary have passed) and waited till their biometrics appointment to get more time on their lawful residence counter, if they were just a month short for ILR, for example.
mmt wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:13 pm
3- My wife will apply for ILR on a later date, so is it enough if I get ILR for myself in order to register my UK born baby as a citizen?
One parent is enough yes
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mmt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mmt » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:43 pm

I was referring to this post and some other posts here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:45 am

It is probably unlikely your child will be registered as British, have the certificate and have a British passport before the summer if that is your plan.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mmt » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:12 am

Yes, I know there are too many things to be done hence I want to start asap, end of Summer is also fine for me. I am planning to use the priority service for myself and do the citizenship registration quickly as possible. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work :)

Could you please confirm my 1st and 2nd questions above?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:16 am

I am planning to use the priority service and do the citizenship registration quickly as possible. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work :)
Priority service for ILR is not a guaranteed service. Many have not had the Priority option available. It wholly depends on the capacity of UKVI whether you will get the option or not. Citizenship standards processing time is up to 6 months. There is no fast track service for citizenship.
Could you please confirm my 1st and 2nd questions above?
Your ILR eligibility starts counting from the initial visa issued date, minus 28 days. Those who have applied using the process you want to use, have not had sufficient visa validity time to meet the within 28 days before and the post you highlight, is a different ILR route with totally different requirements and start point than your visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mmt » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:46 pm

Thanks for the detailed information.

I have another question. I will write the events in an order in order to make it easier to understand.

1- I was sponsored by company A, and granted a Tier2 General visa (22/05/2018). The company was going to provide a relocation package in order to help me economically.
2- I came to the UK. (04/06/2018)
3- Our company was acquired by another company during this process and approval of the relocation package by the new company took some time.
4- I came back to my country in order to pack up things. (23/06/2018)
5- I returned back to the UK (22/08/2018), since approval of the relocation package was late. Now this look like that start date of my job.
6- Then the next year, the acquiring company B ended my own company A and moved my COS onto company B.

At that time they told me this delay will not cause any problem but I started worrying about this when the application date approaches. Does this cause any problem on the ILR process? I want to believe it should be OK because otherwise this would cause some other problems when they move my sponsorship to the company B.

mmt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mmt » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:18 am

I think I just found the answer to my question in the forum. Leaving the link here for the people who are in the same situation as me.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:38 pm

mmt wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:18 am
I think I just found the answer to my question in the forum. Leaving the link here for the people who are in the same situation as me.
ILR is based on lawful stay not the date of joining or staring your job
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice