ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker dependent - language requirements?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaziq
Newly Registered
Poland

Skilled Worker dependent - language requirements?

Post by Kaziq » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:57 pm

Hi all.

I am planning to move to UK via the Skilled Worker route, and bring my wife as my dependent. My problem is that, despite having wasted many hours on browsing gov.uk websites, I failed to find out whether she will have to pass any English language knowledge tests or not.

On the most informative page about the topic (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children) there is no information about the knowledge of English requirement. Does that mean no language skill test will be required?

The other pages that seem to be on this topic are confusing. The closes one I found is about family visas: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

On that page, they say a family member visa applicant will need to pass an A1 level test (they don't say whether the test must be 2-facet or 4-facet), but in the 'Apply as a partner or spouse' section there is a list of what route I would have to be on, and Skilled Worker isn't mentioned there. From that I am suspecting that a 'partner' visa is not the same as 'dependent' visa. Am I right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled Worker dependent - language requirements?

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:02 pm

Family route visa is not relevant to your dependent. It is a different visa category completely.

Skilled worker dependent has no language/English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kaziq
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Kaziq » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:06 pm

Thank you very much.

This forum is a lot better than the official UK immigration office, with which I had ordered a paid enquiry with the same question, and they replied they wouldn't give advice on specific cases :D

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:58 pm

You didn't mention it but the money paid for that enquiry was probably wasted as well.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Kaziq
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Kaziq » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:26 pm

I thought that would be obvious.