ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paragraph 320 (11) Refused.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pantsri
Newly Registered

Paragraph 320 (11) Refused.

Post by pantsri » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:30 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know about the immigration law? I was refused on this referred paragraph.

Paragraph 320
(11) where the applicant has previously contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of these Rules. Guidance will be published giving examples of circumstances in which an applicant who has previously overstayed, breached a condition attached to his leave, been an Illegal Entrant or used Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not) is likely to be considered as having contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of these Rules.
What does it mean in easy explaination please?

Thank you,

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:41 am

I thought it was straightforward, although a bt of a 'catch all' paragraph. What is it you don't understand?

pantsri
Newly Registered

Post by pantsri » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:48 am

UKBAbble wrote:I thought it was straightforward, although a bt of a 'catch all' paragraph. What is it you don't understand?
My english is good but not in english law language. What doesn it mean? I was an illegal entrance to UK and been refused on paragraph 320 (11) so I look at it and doesn't understand.
Thanks,

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:47 am

Did you ever overstay or were an illegal entrant or used deception in your prior applications for leave to remain?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 am

This is what the Entry Clearance Guidance (the instructions to ECOs) says:

26.18.1 What does “contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the immigration rulesâ€

pantsri
Newly Registered

Post by pantsri » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:20 am

dnicky wrote:Did you ever overstay or were an illegal entrant or used deception in your prior applications for leave to remain?
I was an illegal entrance on 2005 with my new legal name and passport.

pantsri
Newly Registered

Post by pantsri » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:25 am

[quote="Mr Rusty"]This is what the Entry Clearance Guidance (the instructions to ECOs) says:

26.18.1 What does “contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the immigration rulesâ€