ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee waiver question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zarakhan9999
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Fee waiver

Post by zarakhan9999 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:54 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for fee waiver as a single person I am on child 10 year route.
How much minimum amount I have to show in my account?
I don’t receive any public funds. My financial and family circumstances are recently changed.
I am no more with my husband who I was financially depending on.
How can I apply for fee waiver? And how much money I have to show in my account?

zarakhan9999
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Fee waiver question

Post by zarakhan9999 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:11 pm

If the bank account is recently closed do I still have to give last 6 months of bank statement of recently closed account?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fee waiver question

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:16 pm

https://www.gov.uk/visa-fee-waiver-in-u ... 0wellbeing
Before you start
You’ll be asked to prove your identity by uploading a copy of your identity document online, for example your:

passport
national identity card
biometric residence permit (BRP)
You’ll also need to provide information about your financial situation, for example:

bank statements
letters from local authorities or family members showing you get financial support
evidence to show you get public funds
evidence of your household earnings, for example payslips
evidence of your household expenses, for example how much rent you pay
You may also be asked to provide additional evidence about your partner or dependants financial situation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
Evidence
Evidential flexibility should only be applied to an application for a fee waiver in exceptional circumstances, where the caseworker is satisfied that there is clear and compelling evidence that the individual will not be able to afford the fee or if there is a compelling reason why the evidence cannot be provided.

Each case should still be considered on its own individual merits, and the onus is on the applicant to demonstrate that they qualify for a fee waiver.

The fee waiver can be rejected for a range of reasons, including if the applicant has:

not provided reliable information about their circumstances

intentionally disposed of funds

been purchasing items within their income but outside of what is essential or spending excessively

has sufficient savings to pay the fee and income in excess of their essential needs (whether being spent or not) which shows they can afford the fee

not taken reasonable steps to ensure they have sufficient funds to pay a foreseeable fee

When applying for a fee waiver the applicant will be asked to provide details of their financial circumstances. This will typically be in the form of statements covering the 6 month period prior to the date of application for all bank or building society accounts they hold, and a full breakdown of their monthly income and expenditure at the time of application.

Evidence should be provided where a charity or local authority is providing support, particularly if it is claimed that such support cannot continue.

The whole of the amount to be paid by an applicant must be considered when a fee waiver request is made. This means the immigration application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge combined.

This is a brief summary, please refer to the complete guidance below before deciding an application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zarakhan9999
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zarakhan9999 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:49 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply.
But I will not be holding an account if it’s closed.
Can you please clear this thing. Can I send the closing letter, and available balance time of closing? Will it be enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:50 pm

Why have you closed the account if you knew you might need it for a fee waiver application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zarakhan9999
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zarakhan9999 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:01 pm

I was going through financial abuse by my ex, and he opened all those accounts on my name that I wasn’t aware about. So I closed all the accounts. And I will also attached the letter from DV agencies that I was going through financial abuse.

Victory111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victory111 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:07 pm

Yes fee wavier you can give all 6 month statements weather is closed or open.no problem if the account is closed just tell them reason. You can tell them no saving left so you can’t pay your fee.