ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen applying for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KlingKlang
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK citizen applying for naturalisation

Post by KlingKlang » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:33 pm

Hi all,
Apologies if this was asked before, I'm new to the forum.

I'm applying for Irish Citizenship based on Naturalisation.
(I was born in the UK, UK passport, moved to Ireland aged in 2002, total 21 years living here).

I'm confused by some of the new requirements, particularly the scorecard items.

1. When it asks for Rent agreement - proof of payment for 6 months (50 points) - what exactly would suffice here?

2. Doctor / Hospital attendance record (50 points) - I've asked my GP regarding this, and they've told me they can't give me this.

3. Current a/c Bank statements: For each of the required number of years - annually Six consecutive months ... does this mean they want 6 consecutive months of statements going back for each year?

4. Is it 5 years total evidence that I need?

Thank you in advance for any help on this!

meself2
Ireland

Re: UK citizen applying for naturalisation

Post by meself2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:58 pm

There's no defined feedback on this - system is in place for one and a half years, so information below is more of a speculation, unfortunately.
KlingKlang wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:33 pm
1. When it asks for Rent agreement - proof of payment for 6 months (50 points) - what exactly would suffice here?
Agreement with your landlord, for example, as a rent agreement itself. For proof of payment, depends on your situation; I would assume you could highlight money transfers to your landlord in bank statements, for example.
KlingKlang wrote:
2. Doctor / Hospital attendance record (50 points) - I've asked my GP regarding this, and they've told me they can't give me this.
You can try to negotiate with them about the format. Possibly a letter stating you were registered at a GP during x and y could work? Or you could explain the purpose to see if their statement changes.
KlingKlang wrote:
3. Current a/c Bank statements: For each of the required number of years - annually Six consecutive months ... does this mean they want 6 consecutive months of statements going back for each year?
Yes, six or more months for each year you want to have your residence counted for. I just threw 5 years of statements in there for my application.
KlingKlang wrote:
4. Is it 5 years total evidence that I need?
Yes.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

KlingKlang
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by KlingKlang » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. Were you able to go to your bank and ask for statements back as far as five years?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:27 pm

KlingKlang wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:06 pm
Thanks for the reply. Were you able to go to your bank and ask for statements back as far as five years?
Did it all online - my bank had an option to request for a paper copy of all my previous statements a few years back, until I started banking with them; got the most recent one (between last statement and application) online as well.
Revolut is the same, but it might not be credible enough for Irish authorities on their own.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:19 am

KlingKlang wrote:
All banks are legally required to hold your data for at least 7 years. You are free to request for any data that the bank holds against you. They may charge you a reasonable amount of money for retrieving older records but they must provide you with such data.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 pm

KlingKlang wrote:
like AIB account you can ask for previous bank statements even your bank account closed with them, you just need to call their customer service and request one
there was charge like 3 euro per page something