ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Newborn Passport (Born in Ireland to Non Eu Parents)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thatroger
Newly Registered
India

Applying for Newborn Passport (Born in Ireland to Non Eu Parents)

Post by thatroger » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:10 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for a passport for my newborn. My question is, can I send my spouse's documents instead of my own? She has been on Stamp 1G for the last 4 years, while I have been on Stamp 4 for 7 years. The reason I don't want to send my own documents is that I am in the last stage of the citizenship process. If citizenship dept request documents like the original IRP or passport, it will be very tricky for me to get them from passport office as they return documents only when they issue passport for printing.

So, my question is, would it be okay if I send my wife's documents, such as her passport (which has stamps for the last 4 years) and her IRP?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Applying for Newborn Passport (Born in Ireland to Non Eu Parents)

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 pm

thatroger wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:10 pm
can I send my spouse's documents instead of my own? She has been on Stamp 1G for the last 4 years
Yes.
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... scent.html
One of your parents must have:

Lived in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 out of the 4 years before you were born
thatroger wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:10 pm
If citizenship dept request documents like the original IRP or passport,
They won't - your documents were verified at the first stage. You'll need your ID for ceremony (which could be tricky if you're invited to one in June), but I think they accept driving licenses.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

thatroger
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for Newborn Passport (Born in Ireland to Non Eu Parents)

Post by thatroger » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:41 pm

Thanks Meself2.

I probably will send my spouse's documents.