ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding a job who is a sponser is impossible!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JamieClaret
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Finding a job who is a sponser is impossible!!!

Post by JamieClaret » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:54 am

Hi there

I am writing this on behalf of my GF who is Brazilian.

She is desperately trying to find work as a skilled worker in a valid category in the UK.

Recruitment companies are not interested as they wont touch anyone without a visa already.

When she applies for jobs online she is knocked at the first post as they ask about a visa.

We are trying to contact companies directly, but I am looking for anyone who can give some advice about how to find roles/companies that are open to sponsership.

Regards

Jamie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Finding a job who is a sponser is impossible!!!

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:57 am

Apply to the companies in the ukvi approved list, that is the only way.

What are her skills or what type of job is she looking for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JamieClaret
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by JamieClaret » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:59 am

Thanks yes - I have been looking at that - its a pain as it doesn state what sector they are in.

She has 20 years experience working in the meat export/processing industry, mainly working with UK and European importers.

The best job would be to work for the companies that import.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:00 pm

Yew, but what job role does she do? Is she just an clerk or administrator or....?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:23 pm

JamieClaret wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:59 am
Thanks yes - I have been looking at that - its a pain as it doesn state what sector they are in.
This works the other way - you need to use the list of sponsors to check whether the company offering the role your gf is interested in has the licence to sponsor foreign workers.

Let's say she found a post advertising a role for a "meat import/export admin" by company XY. She needs to check if company XY is in the list. If not likely the company does not have a licence and will not consider applications from candidates requiring sponsorship.

Finding a job as a foreign worker requiring a visa is not easy, it takes time and many rejections to get an offer.

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:28 am

It might be that the profession she holds is not visa eligible. Do you know what occupation code her role falls under?

Also, is this role requires any academic qualification?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:10 am

Some information for you:

- She needs to look into this list:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-codes

and find her job title/occupation and its SOC code. These are eligible occupations that can potentially justify a skilled worker visa.

- Pass an IELTS English test. It's a requirement for a skilled worker visa if you are from Brazil.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... of-english

There is no point looking for a sponsor if you don't have this document in hand already. Imagine she finds a sponsor but she doesn't have an IELTS ready and next appointment for that is in 2 months or she gets a score that is not enough for that visa. Get that IELTS out of the way.

- Most employers in the UK aren't going around sponsoring people from abroad. They do it only if they don't have any suitable candidate in the local market. These visas involve money, paperwork and a lot of bureaucracy. Employers avoid them when they can. So if she has skills that are in shortage in the UK (few people have these skills), her chances to find a sponsor are indeed higher.

- You said she is working directly with clients and partners in the UK. I have seen many cases where such direct professional relationships helped finding a sponsor. If a potential sponsor knows her, worked already with her and appreciates her professionalism, that sponsor is more likely to help her to secure a visa. She can dig in that direction, check their websites for available careers and don't be shy to engage conversations about that. Most people are receptive and willing to help if the connection is there.

Good luck!