ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Schengen visa for family while naturalisation is in progress

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Applying for Schengen visa for family while naturalisation is in progress

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:59 am

Hi all, my application for naturalisation has been approved (But I dont have my certificate and passport yet). Can i apply for a schengen visa for my wife and kids for a july vacation assuming I will get my passport by then.

Does this have to be mentioned on the cover letter. I will book refundable accomodation and hotels to avoid having to pay up if the visa app doesnt go through. Many thanks in advance!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Schengen visa for family while naturalisation is in progress

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:50 am

If you don't need a visa, don't apply for it. Simple.

You don't need to send them a letter explaining why you don't apply. Otherwise, all British citizens would have to send letters to Consulates to explain they don't need a visa every time they travel :)

I am EU and my wife is not. When she applies for a Schengen visa, she does it on her own (she needs a visa, not me). I don't add a letter explaining why I live under the same roof but I don't need a visa.

You are over thinking it in my opinion.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Schengen visa for family while naturalisation is in progress

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:53 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:59 am
Hi all, my application for naturalisation has been approved (But I dont have my certificate and passport yet). Can i apply for a schengen visa for my wife and kids for a july vacation assuming I will get my passport by then.

Does this have to be mentioned on the cover letter. I will book refundable accomodation and hotels to avoid having to pay up if the visa app doesnt go through. Many thanks in advance!
You can apply for them at anytime. But your "would be" British Citizenship has no positive bearing on the outcome of their visa applications. They still need to meet all the Schengen visa requirements to be able to get a visa issued.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!