ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my Chinese wife back to Ireland - worried

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

churada
Newly Registered

Bringing my Chinese wife back to Ireland - worried

Post by churada » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:41 pm

I met a Chinese girl online about six months ago and we chat daily, send letters etc. I'm flying out to visit her in February and will be staying in China for about a month with her. The plan being, that if things work out as we hope they will, that we will marry over there.
I've tried reading up on how to arrange a visa for her to come live with me here but am pretty confused at this point.

It appears that for a residency permit we need to provide proof of our relationship, and time spent living together. I'm not sure a few weeks spent together in China is going to be sufficient in that regard.
The only alternative I can see is to apply for a visitors permit but the online form asks you to specify a date she would have to return which is obviously not something I'd want at all.

I'm starting to panic a little to be honest.
Has anyone else done the internet dating thing with a non EU national and have any advice they can give me?

Huge thanks in advance for any advice given

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Bringing my Chinese wife back to Ireland - worried

Post by mktsoi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 am

churada wrote:I met a Chinese girl online about six months ago and we chat daily, send letters etc. I'm flying out to visit her in February and will be staying in China for about a month with her. The plan being, that if things work out as we hope they will, that we will marry over there.
I've tried reading up on how to arrange a visa for her to come live with me here but am pretty confused at this point.

It appears that for a residency permit we need to provide proof of our relationship, and time spent living together. I'm not sure a few weeks spent together in China is going to be sufficient in that regard.
The only alternative I can see is to apply for a visitors permit but the online form asks you to specify a date she would have to return which is obviously not something I'd want at all.

I'm starting to panic a little to be honest.
Has anyone else done the internet dating thing with a non EU national and have any advice they can give me?

Huge thanks in advance for any advice given
first thing you need to do! do not panic! look, if you going to get marry to the lady, nothing you really need to proof, you are married than you are married. the best proof is your marriage certificate! once when you got married over there, you need to apply for the spouse visa for you wife to LEAVE china and ENTER ireland. without the spouse visa, dont you worry about that, she WILL not be able to leave china at all! i dont know details about the spouse visa. best thing to do is going to the Department of Foreign Affairs website to research about it or wait until some of the people in this forum give you details about it. I think Archigabe is non EU national married to EU national. send a message to him/her.

if you only want your lady friend from china visit you in ireland before you guys go any further. do it the proper way, give the dept of Foreign Affairs all the details including her intended return date. there is nothing wrong with that they asked for a return date because she is only applying for a visitor visa and she suppose to leave sometime if you see what i mean. now now, you be honest to them, you just go by the normal procedures and dont lie to them if you decided to apply for the visitor visa for her. if they caught you with anything that is not as what you said in the visitor application, they can make your lady's visitor application very difficult for you!

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:19 am

What is your nationality?

churada
Newly Registered

Post by churada » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks very much for your reply mktsoi, it reassures me a little :)

Sakura, I'm Irish.