ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation delays 8 months -still waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Whatwasthat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation delays 8 months -still waiting

Post by Whatwasthat » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:29 pm

Hello my name is Mo,
This is my first post so please be gentle. I completed my wifes naturalisation application using the IDV app on october the 5th 2023. I was aware of the 6 month waiting times when i completed it.
On the 6 month anniversary I received a rather worrying email response.

(We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunatelyit appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.)
You automatically assume you have done something wrong emailed for clarification. I also got my MP involved who emailed them as well. He got a response back quicker then me. Took him a week to get a response and me 6 weeks. Safe to say there was no clarity in the response. After stressing 95% were on time and blaming ukraine & corona. They just told me to sit and wait it out. Its around 8 months and i am wondering if i should complain, and if so how.
Can anyone advise me?. Someone who has experienced similar problems.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation delays 8 months -still waiting

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:02 pm

Was your immigration history complicated (eg overstay, etc)?
It happens sometimes, see post2111251.html#p2111251 , post2111408.html#p2111408 and other posts on the timeline tracker.
Other members mentioned they requested SAR to see more information about their application - maybe that's something you're willing to do?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:19 pm

I think you have to be informed of any issues for delay as the process will usually takes 6 months, just ring them or email the home office and ask

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:40 pm

11 months for me. Heading to year. Same standard response all time. Undergoing background checks.

Whatwasthat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Whatwasthat » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:02 pm

Ouch 11 months. Have you tried contacting them?. I think its a case outlining the distress their delays are causing us.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:06 pm

Yes I have but always received standard response that its undergoing background checks as it is carried out by external agencies they don't have control of it how long it will take.

Whatwasthat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Whatwasthat » Wed May 03, 2023 2:00 pm

Ouch 11 months. Have you tried contacting them?. I think its a case outlining the distress their delays are causing us.

Sid82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sid82 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:18 am

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:06 pm
Yes I have but always received standard response that its undergoing background checks as it is carried out by external agencies they don't have control of it how long it will take.
Hello,
I had seen in one of your earlier posts that you submitted a SAR request. Did you receive it back? Did it include any useful information?

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:53 pm

No, Im still waiting for SAR update from homeoffice.

I had also applied SAR for police records, DVLA, HMRC. Recived response in few days, everything was clear no issues.

Don't know delay from homeoffice side. I believe the application is stuck somewhere and they don't give a s***

Sid82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sid82 » Tue May 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Thanks for your response. The SAR request I made was on 04/04/23. I received response exactly 20 working days later on 05/05/23. Had some information but nothing too helpful.
I hope you receive your response soon. Good luck.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Fri May 12, 2023 10:55 am

Hi All,

I applied fir SAR last week and this week I wrote to home secretary and my MP. I got email from citizenship from council yesterday. Thankyou for all your support.
Keep pushing hone office if you see delay in your application.

Sid82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sid82 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:18 pm

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:55 am
Hi All,

I applied fir SAR last week and this week I wrote to home secretary and my MP. I got email from citizenship from council yesterday. Thankyou for all your support.
Have you been approved?
That is good news. Congrats.

Fluid09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fluid09 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:59 pm

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:55 am
Hi All,

Hello All,

It has been almost 8 months since I applied naturalisation but still haven't heard anything. Just receiving similar e-mail about external research etc. My MP also sent an e-mail to MP inquiries but HO didn't event bother to send him a reply. May I please ask how did you contact to home secretary? I tried to find whether there is a correspondence address that directly goes to home office rather than standard enquiries e-mail but couldn't find any.
Many Thanks.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:43 pm

Hello

I am in the same position. I applied last year in July along with my dependant 14 years old and still receiving the same response. SAR applied and nothing very helpful. Standard response background checks and not automatic approval. I don't understand none of our visas were automatic, all went under several checks. The thing is they are king and we don't have the right to fight with the system.

Wait or nothing.....

Next month in July it will be the application anniversary...... hopefully, the home office will send some cake and flowers.... for a celebration :) :) :) :) :)

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:54 pm

I have to contact my referees; they didn't get anything from the home office to confirm my identity and kind of verification...

I don't know the people who got approval, their referees were contacted by the home office or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:14 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:54 pm
I have to contact my referees; they didn't get anything from the home office to confirm my identity and kind of verification...

I don't know the people who got approval, their referees were contacted by the home office or not.
Naturalisation referees are not contacted. It is the passport referee that is!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jahanmou
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jahanmou » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:37 pm

Please don’t lose hope. I applied July 2022 and just only received approval on 29 June 2023 and had my ceremony last Saturday. I kept emailing them and they replied they had some it issues. Did SAR and realised they did not allocate my cast to a case worker till April 2023. So kept emailing till I received the approval email. I had ILR in 10 years route.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:13 pm

Jahanmou wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:37 pm
Please don’t lose hope. I applied July 2022 and just only received approval on 29 June 2023 and had my ceremony last Saturday. I kept emailing them and they replied they had some it issues. Did SAR and realised they did not allocate my cast to a case worker till April 2023. So kept emailing till I received the approval email. I had ILR in 10 years route.
On which email address did you message them?

rokibalboa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by rokibalboa » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:07 am

Jahanmou wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:37 pm
Hey there what do you mean you kept emailing them? the nationalityfurtherinformationrequests email with your reference? also what is SAR?

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:41 pm

This is the letter I wrote to home office. Not sure if that had escalated to approval as I did SAR, wrote to MP and home secretary in the same week and got approval in the next week.
``I am writing to you with great concern regarding the delay in my naturalisation application process, which has lasted for more than 12 months. I have been living in the United Kingdom for more than 10 years, and during this time, I have always been a law-abiding resident who has contributed to the community.

As you may be aware, the naturalisation process is a crucial step for many individuals who have made the United Kingdom their home. It provides a sense of security, belonging and allows us to fully participate in society. I have been waiting for an unreasonably long period of time for a decision on my application, and this has caused me significant stress and anxiety.

The prolonged delay in processing my application has also affected my ability to plan for my future and has had a detrimental effect on my job and mental health. It has caused me to feel uncertain about my status in this country, and I am struggling to manage my personal and professional life.

I would appreciate it if you could review my case as a matter of urgency and take the necessary steps to ensure that my application is processed quickly and efficiently. I understand that there may be many other applications to review, but I hope that you will appreciate the significant impact that this delay is having on my life.

I would like to request that you provide me with an update on the status of my application and a timeframe for when a decision can be made. This would help me to better plan for my future and alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty that I am currently experiencing.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.''

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:05 pm

I'm on my 10th month waiting for my childs MN1 form to come through. usually waffling in the letters saying many external agencies need to do checks etc. like what check needs to be done on a 4 year old!?

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:50 pm

Hi

I have sent a 2nd follow up email to further nationality, Home Office Complaint Team, and MP today.

Let's see the outcome.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:57 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:50 pm
Hi

I have sent a 2nd follow up email to further nationality, Home Office Complaint Team, and MP today.

Let's see the outcome.
Could you give me the address/email contact for the home office complaint team? My MP didnt even bother responding to my email from 2 weeks ago :/

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:02 pm

Hi
The Home Office Complaint team address is

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk