ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC for brother of british citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

RC for brother of british citizen

Post by wish_uk » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:31 pm

Dear Members!
My brother came here as a student,
Now his visa is going to finish, can someone advise if I can sponsor him and apply for his RC as british family member?

I have been supporting all his stay in uk.
married Aug 2014

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: RC for brother of british citizen

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:06 pm

No you cannot. He will have to find a visa he qualifies for, such as the graduate route visa or a skilled worker sponsored visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: RC for brother of british citizen

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm

The only family members that a British citizen can sponsor are their spouse/civil partner and non-British children.

Sponsoring any other family members, such as parents or siblings, is practically impossible (success rate of ~20% for dependent parents after appeals).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.