ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Post by dbld03 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:39 am

Applying for ILR (Private Life) after living over 10 years here.

The Home Office offers two options for these applications. First, to surrender the passport for 6 months and wait. Second, pay £800 for Super Priority service to have a decision on the same day. My job demands I have to travel with customers and I have no choice but to go with option 2.

To proceed with the second option, all applicants need to tick the Super Priority Service box when they submit applications. However, this box…disappeared from the website of Home Office - it is only Standard Service there! I exchanged multiple messages with the Home Office and they suggested to check the website every day at midnight. For more than 30 days I am doing that and nothing appears there. Home Office started saying they are unable to help. I tried different computers and different browsers - nothing.

My visa expires in 5 days and I am on the verge of losing my job. Anyone knows why Super Priority disappeared from the Home office website?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:04 pm

No one will take your passport away from you. Your passport is not taken from you as all evidence is now uploaded digitally. If you apply online before visa expiry Section 3C applies to you !! Simply apply using standard service. Even priority visa service is NOT a guaranteed service at all. You should NOT plan any travels until you get a decision or else your application will be withdrawn automatically

Priority service is only available based on UKVI capacity to process such applications, which is very limited: Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:35 pm

dbld03 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:39 am
Applying for ILR (Private Life) after living over 10 years here.

The Home Office offers two options for these applications. First, to surrender the passport for 6 months and wait. Second, pay £800 for Super Priority service to have a decision on the same day. My job demands I have to travel with customers and I have no choice but to go with option 2.

To proceed with the second option, all applicants need to tick the Super Priority Service box when they submit applications. However, this box…disappeared from the website of Home Office - it is only Standard Service there! I exchanged multiple messages with the Home Office and they suggested to check the website every day at midnight. For more than 30 days I am doing that and nothing appears there. Home Office started saying they are unable to help. I tried different computers and different browsers - nothing.

My visa expires in 5 days and I am on the verge of losing my job. Anyone knows why Super Priority disappeared from the Home office website? Ensure you apply before
Ensure you apply for whichever service you are able to get before current leave expires.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:39 pm

Private Life might not even have an option for Priority Service? Can't see it in the list, unless OP is going for SET(LR).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:35 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:04 pm
No one will take your passport away from you. Your passport is not taken from you as all evidence is now uploaded digitally. If you apply online before visa expiry Section 3C applies to you !! Simply apply using standard service. Even priority visa service is NOT a guaranteed service at all. You should NOT plan any travels until you get a decision or else your application will be withdrawn automatically

Priority service is only available based on UKVI capacity to process such applications, which is very limited: Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
My passport can stay with me, however I am unable to leave the UK for a single day for 6 months. In this case, my application will be considered withdrawn. If I am not able to travel for 6 months, I will be fired from my job!:(((

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:36 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:39 pm
Private Life might not even have an option for Priority Service? Can't see it in the list, unless OP is going for SET(LR).
It is there and I checked with the Home Office. They confirmed my application is an option for the Priority Service. It just disappeared from the Home Office website for over a month!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:36 am

Poor planning and making assumptions. You must have communicated this with your employer well in advance. You could have instead secured a visa extension several months ago (and aimed for ILR when you did not need to travel much) rather than leaving it up to the last minute
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:16 am

zimba wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:36 am
Poor planning and making assumptions. You must have communicated this with your employer well in advance. You could have instead secured a visa extension several months ago (and aimed for ILR when you did not need to travel much) rather than leaving it up to the last minute
I suggest you carefully read the message first before sharing your assessments which do not help in any way.

Home Office offers Super Priority service allowing to get a decision in 1 day (if you pay more). This service is widely available and is used by literally every applicant I know. I was going to use it too and get a decision in 1 day. In this case, there would be no need to communicate it with my employer or experience any difficulties. The issue is that the BUTTON to CHOOSE this service disappeared from the Home Office website and no-one, including Home Office employees, understand the reason.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:29 pm

If you have a look at the ILR timelines posts you'll see that the priority (or super-priority) services are not available for every applicant, many have only the standard service available when submitting their applications. Nobody knows what criteria UKVI uses to put these services available for some and not for others. No matter the time of the day you log in.

Every applicant (or application) is different, whatever that is or was available for someone doesn't mean will be available for you.

As advised above, also consider that the priority or super-priority services are not guaranteed. You can pay for a faster service and still end up waiting several weeks or months for a response. There are a number of posts where applicants have experienced this.

You need to speak with your employer about the situation and make an application on time before your current leave expires.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:36 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:29 pm
If you have a look at the ILR timelines posts you'll see that the priority (or super-priority) services are not available for every applicant, many have only the standard service available when submitting their applications. Nobody knows what criteria UKVI uses to put these services available for some and not for others. No matter the time of the day you log in.

Every applicant (or application) is different, whatever that is or was available for someone doesn't mean will be available for you.

As advised above, also consider that the priority or super-priority services are not guaranteed. You can pay for a faster service and still end up waiting several weeks or months for a response. There are a number of posts where applicants have experienced this.

You need to speak with your employer about the situation and make an application on time before your current leave expires.
Thank you for your response. You mentioned that if I have a look at the ILR timelines posts I'll see that the super-priority service is not available for every applicant. This is news to me. I tried to find a confirmation to this but couldn't - could you please point me in the right direction?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:43 pm

dbld03 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:36 pm
You mentioned that if I have a look at the ILR timelines posts I'll see that the super-priority service is not available for every applicant. This is news to me.
While I can't point you to a government resource that states it in unequivocal terms, anecdotally on these forums, it is known that super-priority and priority appointments are a scarce resource, with only a limited number of them available per day (i.e. it is not merely ability to pay that restricts availability) and demand outstripping supply.

It has been suggested many times on these forums that the best time to look for them are 12GMT/1AM BST and on the hours of 8AM, 9AM and 10AM (no harm in adding 7AM to that list above). But that advice is entirely anecdotal.

You'd probably want to start a few minutes earlier than on the hour, trying with multiple computers (work laptop, personal laptop, tablets, if any) simultaneously and refreshing the screens as needed. You may want to rope in your partner and work colleagues as well, if you are that desperate.

Of course, keep in mind that such an action may cause the Home Office servers to crash. Such server crashes have been known to happen because of the demand for these services. Indeed, I had a server crash after I had started the application process after securing an appointment. So, don't under-estimate the demand for these services.

But, whether you get the super-priority/priority option or not, you will need to make the application before your present visa expires.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Mon May 01, 2023 11:03 am

Thank you for your response, it is appreciated.

To remind, the problem is that the Super Priority checkbox disappeared from the site (i.e. it is not even about booking an appointment - just the checkbox is missing).

I cannot possibly imagine Home Office being selective on which applicants have a chance to use Super Priority service and which do not (without putting it into their guidance). This might be bordering violating people's rights and they won't risk it. Clearly, it may only be automatic. For example, some responses in the application trigger the Super Priority checkbox to either remain there or disappear.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 01, 2023 12:00 pm

They just cannot process everyone with priority service. Even if you paid for priority, they might say that "due to complications, we will take longer" and not process your application within the time frame given, so, unfortunately, it's extremely risky to hinge your immigration status on that. Best (and more costly) option would've been another extension, during which you could've looked for ILR priority slot without any imminent pressure.

Have you always seen the slot in the past? Seems like you were in luck.
dbld03 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:03 am
Clearly, it may only be automatic. For example, some responses in the application trigger the Super Priority checkbox to either remain there or disappear.
People have reported it disappearing and reappering depending on time, which, I assume, was with the same application.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Mon May 01, 2023 1:35 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 12:00 pm
They just cannot process everyone with priority service. Even if you paid for priority, they might say that "due to complications, we will take longer" and not process your application within the time frame given, so, unfortunately, it's extremely risky to hinge your immigration status on that. Best (and more costly) option would've been another extension, during which you could've looked for ILR priority slot without any imminent pressure.

dbld03 wrote:
Clearly, it may only be automatic. For example, some responses in the application trigger the Super Priority checkbox to either remain there or disappear.
People have reported it disappearing and reappering depending on time, which, I assume, was with the same application.
Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have seen this checkbox/slot right before it disappeared. On that basis, its disappearance cannot be specific personally to me.

I do understand that they can always say "due to complications, we will take longer". However, this is not my case - there is just the checkbox button missing for over a month of me checking 30 times every day.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:18 pm

dbld03 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:35 pm
meself2 wrote:

dbld03 wrote:

Yes, I have seen this checkbox/slot right before it disappeared. On that basis, its disappearance cannot be specific personally to me.

I do understand that they can always say "due to complications, we will take longer". However, this is not my case - there is just the checkbox button missing for over a month of me checking 30 times every day.
Are you totally sure your route to ILR has Priority Service available, then? Have you seen priority slots on it at all?
Once again, from HO website, there's only priority for private life applications through form FLR(FP) or form FLR(M); in settlement, down below, there's no private life option.

I would advise you to a) check if settlement priority is available and b) try to go via Long Residence route (SET (LR)), which certainly has Super Priority Service - you said you've been here for 10 years.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:22 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:18 pm
dbld03 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:35 pm
meself2 wrote:

dbld03 wrote:

Are you totally sure your route to ILR has Priority Service available, then? Have you seen priority slots on it at all?
Once again, from HO website, there's only priority for private life applications through form FLR(FP) or form FLR(M); in settlement, down below, there's no private life option.

I would advise you to a) check if settlement priority is available and b) try to go via Long Residence route (SET (LR)), which certainly has Super Priority Service - you said you've been here for 10 years.
Apologies, my application is indeed (SET (LR) and there is a confirmation on the HO website that the Super Priority is available for this application

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 01, 2023 4:53 pm

dbld03 wrote:
This might be bordering violating people's rights and they won't risk it.
Individual rights are interpreted in a much narrower manner in the UK than in other countries, such as Canada (based on your flag).

There’s actually no right to family life in the UK. Similarly, the government's Minimum Income Requirement was challenged all the way to the UK Supreme Court and they ruled in the government's favour.

The extortionate registration fees for children born in the UK was challenged in the courts and the UK Supreme Court ruled in the government's favour. The government then unilaterally reduced the fees, but only after it got the judgment stating that they didn't need to and that they had the freedom to set the fees to any amount they see fit.

The principle of Parliamentary sovereignty is taken quite seriously by the courts, at least in England & Wales. And at the end of the day, the government can generally command confidence enough to force changes to the law through Parliament if the courts were to rule against it. As an aside, the Notwithstanding clause in the Canadian constitution was added precisely to give the Canadian legislatures the kind of sovereignty the UK Parliament enjoys, albeit for limited periods of time.

You have the freedom and ability to extend your visa, even if you can't choose the timeframe that you want it processed in, and your right to work in the UK is protected by Section 3C, even if your employer tries to sack you for other reasons, such as the inability to travel (which may be challengeable in employment tribunal, unless freedom to travel is an explicit condition of the employment contract or unless you are on a fixed-term contract and the employer simply chooses not to renew the contract-*I'm not a lawyer*).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 02, 2023 1:39 am

dbld03 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:16 am
zimba wrote:
I suggest you carefully read the message first before sharing your assessments which do not help in any way.

Home Office offers Super Priority service allowing to get a decision in 1 day (if you pay more). This service is widely available and is used by literally every applicant I know. I was going to use it too and get a decision in 1 day. In this case, there would be no need to communicate it with my employer or experience any difficulties. The issue is that the BUTTON to CHOOSE this service disappeared from the Home Office website and no-one, including Home Office employees, understand the reason.
Super priority slots are not in fact widely available. That is an assumption. All the evidence we have seen points to the contrary
Super priority ILR decision is not guaranteed at all. UKVI cannot make one-day decisions in many ILR cases. That is an assumption

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Tue May 02, 2023 11:39 am

zimba wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:39 am
dbld03 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:16 am
zimba wrote:

Super priority slots are not in fact widely available. That is an assumption. All the evidence we have seen points to the contrary
Super priority ILR decision is not guaranteed at all. UKVI cannot make one-day decisions in many ILR cases. That is an assumption
This is not a pure assumption. This is anecdotal. I know at least 20 people who used Super Priority. And I know zero people who wanted to use it but couldn't (like myself)

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed May 03, 2023 7:07 am

I stayed awake till 1.00 am and managed to book a slot ..good luck !

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:26 am

2017Freedom wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:07 am
I stayed awake till 1.00 am and managed to book a slot ..good luck !
Congrats, happy for you!

I stay awake until 1am every day but never managed to. Could I ask you to share at which exact time you booked at and whether you booked it from London?

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed May 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Literally as soon as it hits 1.00 am you need to login and you will see the option to book it...when there is one available ...book it anywhere as you can change it afterwards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:40 pm

2017Freedom wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:33 pm
Literally as soon as it hits 1.00 am you need to login and you will see the option to book it...when there is one available ...book it anywhere as you can change it afterwards
The OP is not asking about the appointment etc. They are asking about the option to select for super priority before paying for the ILR application online. Two different things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:40 pm
2017Freedom wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:33 pm
The OP is not asking about the appointment etc. They are asking about the option to select for super priority before paying for the ILR application online. Two different things.
This is correct, thanks for not letting us be blown off course

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:34 pm

It's also worth mentioning that the location is irrelevant when submitting the application online (or the ability to find the option for a faster decision time). It doesn't matter if the applicant is in London, Manchester or in a small village in the middle of nowhere.

The location can be relevant - to find the closest UKVCAS centre - when booking the biometrics appointment which is a different process.