ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correcting Father's Name in Home Office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Inviting parent on graduation ceremony

Post by benjamintrevor » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:34 am

Hello,

I just graduated from my MSc course in the UK. I wanted to invite my parents from Bangladesh to join me
in these celebratory moments.

What documents I need to receive from the university are also arranged by myself?
Please also provide any tricks or tips to increase the chances of a visa being approved(Because they haven't been abroad before, so the passport is empty).

Thank you in advance.

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Father's Name issue

Post by benjamintrevor » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:40 am

Hello,

I'm planning to invite my father to my graduation ceremony with a visitor visa.
My father's name has "Md." in front of his name on his job and bank documents. (I guess we will need these for supporting documents in the visa)
But, in my passport, certificates, my mother's passport and his passport, there is no "Md.".
Md. is like Mr. in the Western world. But it has been included in his official documents.
Will this be an issue when applying for a visit visa or any other?

If it's an issue, can we solve it without changing the documents, with just an affidavit?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Inviting parent on graduation ceremony

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:02 pm

Hello

The only "trick" I can give you is: document as much as possible their connections to their home country. Some examples:

- They have dependents not travelling (children)
- They have a property
- They have jobs
- They have a business
- They have other family members... etc.

As much as possible. That's to make it clear that they have strong reasons to return home at the end of their visit. This is especially true that in this case, they don't have any travel history.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Father's Name issue

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:10 pm

Write his name as in the passport when you apply for the visa.

If the bank or other institutions put a title in front of his name, that shouldn't affect his application.

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by benjamintrevor » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:33 pm

Thank you for the reply.
About the financing of their trip.
Would it be wise to show their own finance
or my maternal uncle will bear the expenses and accommodate them to stay in his house?

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Father's Name issue

Post by benjamintrevor » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:36 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:10 pm
Write his name as in the passport when you apply for the visa.

If the bank or other institutions put a title in front of his name, that shouldn't affect his application.
In order to show supporting documents like job status letters, and bank statements, all those have "Md." in his name.
But my, mom's and his passport don't have "Md." in his name.

Will this cause an issue?

If yes, what's the quickest workaround for that?

Kind regards,
Ashraful

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:28 pm

It's ultimately about them. So you need to show their own financial situation. If that uncle is paying, he also needs to show that he has income. But their own situation matters most because they are applying for a visa not your uncle.

For the name, it is what it is. There is no way to change it. Just accept it as it is. They are not going to challenge the ID of the person because of that Md prefix.

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Correcting Father's Name in Home Office

Post by benjamintrevor » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:52 pm

Hello,

I have previously renewed my visa three times at the home office without including "MD." in my father's name, "XYZ." However, I have now amended my birth certificate and national ID in Bangladesh to include "Md." in my father's name.

I am planning to sponsor my father for a visit visa, but I am concerned that this change may cause some issues. Can you please advise if this will be a problem?

Additionally, I am unsure of how to inform the home office about the amendment to my father's name. Could you please let me know what documents are necessary to make the home office aware of this change?

Thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Correcting Father's Name in Home Office

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:04 pm

Topics merged! Please, it is not necessary to a) start a new topic each time about the same application or b) ask the same question you have already been given advice about in a new topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Correcting Father's Name in Home Office

Post by benjamintrevor » Mon May 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Before it was about can I change and how to change his documents,
Now, the question is how to inform home office about the changes?