ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document list for Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 conversion after 5 years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FidoDido29
Ireland

Document list for Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 conversion after 5 years

Post by FidoDido29 » Thu May 04, 2023 4:26 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if this will be a duplicate post as I could not find anything.

I will be completing 5 years on stamp 1 with General Employment Permit in next 10 days and want to know what all documents I should submit to convert this stamp 1 to stamp 4?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Document list for Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 conversion after 5 years

Post by meself2 » Thu May 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Firstly, you need to fill out the form and submit documentation to get a letter from ISD approving your LTR:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... residency/
What documents are required as part of your application?

Completed application form
Full colour copies of your past and current passport or IRP cards showing all your immigration stamps
A copy of your current Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB Card
A copy of your employment contract or a letter from your employer, detailing commencement and terms of employment
Full colour copies of all employment permits (issued by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment)
Documentation which proves that you have been residing continuously in Ireland. This may include copies of tenancy agreements, bank statements, State issued documents etc.
When that's done, apply with your passport, IRP and this letter via ISD website (Dublin) or your local designated Garda station (outside Dublin).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:27 pm
Firstly, you need to fill out the form and submit documentation to get a letter from ISD approving your LTR:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... residency/
What documents are required as part of your application?

Completed application form
Full colour copies of your past and current passport or IRP cards showing all your immigration stamps
A copy of your current Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB Card
A copy of your employment contract or a letter from your employer, detailing commencement and terms of employment
Full colour copies of all employment permits (issued by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment)
Documentation which proves that you have been residing continuously in Ireland. This may include copies of tenancy agreements, bank statements, State issued documents etc.
When that's done, apply with your passport, IRP and this letter via ISD website (Dublin) or your local designated Garda station (outside Dublin).

Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that Stamp 4 will be issued only for a year after completing 5 years and need to be renewed every year. I also read that it could be done online just like renewing IRP in dublin.

Regards,
Nishant

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri May 05, 2023 10:45 am

I did it in police station as Im at outside of Dublin but for me no documents needed. Perhaps you can apply for stamp 4 renewal online and apart from usual documents you can send a cover letter explaining that you are eligible for stamp 4 as you were on work permit for 5 years straight.

You need to be on work permit and work every year for 5 years to get stamp 4. So you should be working at 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 so your IRP on 2023 will be stamp 4.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:48 am

FidoDido29 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 am
I remember reading somewhere that Stamp 4 will be issued only for a year after completing 5 years
That kind of defeats the idea of LTR, shouldn't be the case.
FidoDido29 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 am
I also read that it could be done online just like renewing IRP in dublin.
If you live in Dublin, that's the only way to do it - online renewals.
mentalmind wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:45 am
I did it in police station as Im at outside of Dublin but for me no documents needed.
ISD website says you need to be approved first and pay 500 euro; did you have to do it or is it out of date at this stage?
OP can try to go for it without approval letter (just with copies of work permits) if he wishes to - in Dublin, if your application is rejected, fee is returned.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:49 am

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:52 am

Oh, slipped my mind that GEP holders can apply for Stamp 4 just after 5 years not as LTR, apologies. Then yea, you should be able to apply as is, but it might not given to you not for long.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:53 am

mentalmind wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:45 am
I did it in police station as Im at outside of Dublin but for me no documents needed. Perhaps you can apply for stamp 4 renewal online and apart from usual documents you can send a cover letter explaining that you are eligible for stamp 4 as you were on work permit for 5 years straight.

You need to be on work permit and work every year for 5 years to get stamp 4. So you should be working at 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 so your IRP on 2023 will be stamp 4.
That is perfect. I have been working on GEP since May 2018.

Jay68
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jay68 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:52 am

How long IRP renewal process takes when switching from stamp 1 GEP to stamp 4?