ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum help to a family member

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redbearhug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Asylum help to a family member

Post by redbearhug » Thu May 04, 2023 8:36 pm

Hello,

My brother is outside of the UK and would most certainly be granted asylum if he had a chance to submit his claim. However, phisically getting here is a bit of a problem and we couldn't risk trying to get him a UK visitor visa. Plus it would be refused if we provided truthful information about the purpose of travel.

My question is, are there any other ways (legal) to help him? He is a national of a different and troublesome country. I am a British passport holder, reside in the UK and can provide accommodation and the necessary financial help.

Many thanks

Covee
United Kingdom

Re: Asylum help to a family member

Post by Covee » Fri May 05, 2023 8:23 am

To come to the UK legally, if he is from a country which does not have visa free travel to the UK, he will need a some kind of visa, this could be a visa for family, work, study etc.

You can see the visa options on the UK government website
https://www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the-uk