ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

first entry on Tier1 - coming for 2 weeks

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malimeer
Newly Registered

first entry on Tier1 - coming for 2 weeks

Post by malimeer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:40 am

I have got my Tier1 and the date was Dec 5,08. I'm coming on Jan 15,09 to see the jobs market and apply for the documents. as everyone knows about the jobs conditions, I'm little concerned about it.
here is the issue:

I'm still working on project in US and don't wana quit until & unless I get some offer from UK. therefore coming to UK for 2 weeks to make my first entrance on Tier1 and apply for necessary docs.
question : > is this OK to leave after 2 weeks of entrance ?
> what should I say if immigratin officer asks me reason to leave ?
> any idea that they will refuse my entry :(

thanks in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: first entry on Tier1 - coming for 2 weeks

Post by push » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 pm

malimeer wrote:I have got my Tier1 and the date was Dec 5,08. I'm coming on Jan 15,09 to see the jobs market and apply for the documents. as everyone knows about the jobs conditions, I'm little concerned about it.
here is the issue:

I'm still working on project in US and don't wana quit until & unless I get some offer from UK. therefore coming to UK for 2 weeks to make my first entrance on Tier1 and apply for necessary docs.
question : > is this OK to leave after 2 weeks of entrance ?
> what should I say if immigratin officer asks me reason to leave ?
> any idea that they will refuse my entry :(

thanks in advance.
(1) You do not have to tell him that you will leave in two week when you arrive here for two weeks - you might actually end up staying longer as you might get a job !! (think positive)

(2) Next Entry should not be a problem as you can always say (and that is a true representation of facts) that you came looking for a job initially but could not find one in 2/4 weeks and now that you have a firm employment offer you are back in UK. [This might have some issues with ILR as there are no clear guidelines available on that]

malimeer
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by malimeer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks push_hsmp guy, appreciate your valuable comments. hopefully passthrough from this process. Have a happy and blessed NEW Year.