ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HPDL Application Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo_1977
Newly Registered

HPDL Application Help

Post by Leo_1977 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:06 am

Hi everyone!

I wonder if anyone can help or advice me about my HPDL application.

I came to this country 1999 and apply for asylum. October 2004 after 5 years waiting I was granted discretionary leave to remain for 3 years following the refusal of asylum. During this 5 years I got married and a child. October 2007 I apply for settlement or extension of my leave using the HPDL form.
It has been a nightmare dealing with the Home Office during this time. First somehow they misplaced my application and they ask me to provide copy of my document. After many letters and phone calls finally a couple of weeks ago they confirmed me in writing that they have my HPDL application and they would contact me as soon as it's becomes practical.
Can anyone tell me why does it takes so long for my application? Anyone ever had this type of experience? It's more than a year waiting and this uncertain situation is driving me mad.
I was married for 4 years and my ex-wife is a British citizen. We have a son together who lives with me after we separated. Early next year it will be 10 year in this country living Legally but still not settle.
Do you think my separation from my wife is effecting my application? And can anyone tell me what are my chances of extending my leave or settlement in the UK? My son have a British passport and in full time education in this country.
Please if you could advise or share your experience with me regarding this type of applications it would be very appreciated.

Re: HPDL Application Help

Post by 4444 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Leo_1977 wrote:Hi everyone!

I came to this country 1999 and apply for asylum. October 2004 after 5 years waiting I was granted discretionary leave to remain for 3 years following the refusal of asylum. During this 5 years I got married and a child. October 2007 I apply for settlement or extension of my leave using the HPDL form.
It has been a nightmare dealing with the Home Office during this time. First somehow they misplaced my application and they ask me to provide copy of my document. After many letters and phone calls finally a couple of weeks ago they confirmed me in writing that they have my HPDL application and they would contact me as soon as it's becomes practical.
Can anyone tell me why does it takes so long for my application? Anyone ever had this type of experience? It's more than a year waiting and this uncertain situation is driving me mad.
I was married for 4 years and my ex-wife is a British citizen. We have a son together who lives with me after we separated. Early next year it will be 10 year in this country living Legally but still not settle.
Do you think my separation from my wife is effecting my application? And can anyone tell me what are my chances of extending my leave or settlement in the UK? My son have a British passport and in full time education in this country.
Please if you could advise or share your experience with me regarding this type of applications it would be very appreciated.

your case is a legacy case and you need to call the HO to find out which team is dealing with your case

Leo_1977
Newly Registered

Re: HPDL Application Help

Post by Leo_1977 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:23 pm

4444 wrote:
Leo_1977 wrote:Hi everyone!

your case is a legacy case and you need to call the HO to find out which team is dealing with your case
Thanks for your reply 4444.
From the respond letter of HO I beleive is the Legacy CRT Liverpool Team which is dealing with my case.
Could you tell me what does that mean? Can someone tell me in simple term what does it mean "legacy case" and what are the likely outcome of these type of cases?
Thank you again.

Post by 4444 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:00 pm

dear leo-1977

a legacy case is where asylum was refused and the person was not removed. they are kind of tryn to clear the back log of the old cases. from what you have said ,yes your legacy team is in liverpool. CRT means case resolution team same as legacy team. did they say on the letter which liverpool team is dealing with your case. in liverpool there are about 15teams i think so let me know your team and i can give you the number to call to find the progress of your case.

you are highly likely to be granted ILR . i was granted mine last month

good luck

Leo_1977
Newly Registered

Post by Leo_1977 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:46 pm

4444 wrote:dear leo-1977

a legacy case is where asylum was refused and the person was not removed. they are kind of tryn to clear the back log of the old cases. from what you have said ,yes your legacy team is in liverpool. CRT means case resolution team same as legacy team. did they say on the letter which liverpool team is dealing with your case. in liverpool there are about 15teams i think so let me know your team and i can give you the number to call to find the progress of your case.

good luck
Thank you again for your reply.
It's the team 4 which is dealing with my case. However they never reply to my letters. It is only when i write to Croydon Office i get a reply from the Liverpool Team.
Also could you tell me why on earth my application is treated as an old asylum application? I thought i finished with my asylum application 4 years ago when my discretionary leave to remain was granted.
And why do they take them so long? Is it any way to speed up the proces? I'm seriously thinking to make a formal complain to HO. I find it disgraceful and appalling the service they offer.

Post by 4444 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Leo_1977 wrote:

good luck
It's the team 4 which is dealing with my case. However they never reply to my letters. It is only when i write to Croydon Office i get a reply from the Liverpool Team.
Also could you tell me why on earth my application is treated as an old asylum application? I thought i finished with my asylum application 4 years ago when my discretionary leave to remain was granted.
And why do they take them so long? Is it any way to speed up the proces? I'm seriously thinking to make a formal complain to HO. I find it disgraceful and appalling the service they offer.
the only way to speed up your case is to nag them . thats what i did and got my ILR before x-mas. i was faxing my team 2times a day. my MP was writing to them every month and i was wrtiting my team 3times a week. i also used to call them 3days a week. ok back to your case ,you need to call 01512378050 thats liverpool team 10 they will be able to give you a direct number to your team if they refuse just let me know and i will give you another one to try. it is treated as an old asylum case coz you once claimed asylum and your case will be complete when you are granted ILR.

good luck
Last edited by 4444 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:11 pm

4444 wrote:
Leo_1977 wrote:

good luck
the only way to speed up your case is to nag them . thats what i did and got my ILR before x-mas. i was faxing my team 2times a day. my MP was writing to them every month and i was wrtiting my team 3times a week. i also used to call them 3days a week. ok back to your case ,you need to call 01512378050 thats liverpool team 10 they will be able to give you a direct number to your team if they refuse just let me know and i will give you another one to try

good luck
Wow and what did you exactly fax and say to them when you rang them??

Post by 4444 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:24 pm

i told them to hurry up dealing with my case . i was faxing the same letter everyday telling them to follow what caselaws say not just sitting on their a*** doing nothing :roll:

Leo_1977
Newly Registered

Post by Leo_1977 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Thank you 4444.

I will try to call them again and maybe write a few more times.
The thinks is they never reply to my letters when i send it to Liverpool office. It's only when i write to Croydon office i get the reply from Liverpool.
However i do feel that nagging them a bit could possible make them more mean and delay further my application.
If anyone else can suggest different approach to speed up my case please let me know.
Thank you again 4444.

Post by 4444 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Leo_1977 wrote:Thank you 4444.

The thinks is they never reply to my letters when i send it to Liverpool office. It's only when i write to Croydon office i get the reply from Liverpool.
However i do feel that nagging them a bit could possible make them more mean and delay further my application.
If anyone else can suggest different approach to speed up my case please let me know.
Thank you again 4444.
well if you think sitting down and waiting is the answer to your ILR then they will make a decisioN on your case by july2011 it might be 2020 who knows. ask anyone who have been granted under legacy how much they worked
to get their papers. remember its a free ILR and you will have to work harder to get it.

good luck and hope someone will tell you a different approach to a quicker decision on your case.

Leo_1977
Newly Registered

Post by Leo_1977 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:01 pm

4444 wrote:
Leo_1977 wrote:Thank you 4444.

Thank you again 4444.
well if you think sitting down and waiting is the answer to your ILR then they will make a decisioN on your case by july2011 it might be 2020 who knows. ask anyone who have been granted under legacy how much they worked
to get their papers. remember its a free ILR and you will have to work harder to get it.

good luck and hope someone will tell you a different approach to a quicker decision on your case.
I see what you mean 4444 and i'm very glad of the advise given.
Just another quick think. Every time i write to the Liverpool office (by the way the letters that i have received so far from HO are from Liverpool) they do not reply to me. It is only when i write to the Active Revew in Croydon i get a reply 4-5 weeks later (again with the Liverpool adress).
Do you think i'm wasting my time writing to the Liverpool team and write only to the Croydon one? Or would it be better writing to both of them each time?
I would most certain write more often now and more phone calls.
Thank you again.