ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel During Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedBlue
India

Travel During Naturalisation application

Post by RedBlue » Mon May 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Hi,

Is it ok to travel on ILR and an Indian passport when naturalization application is pending?

Thanks,
RB

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel During Naturalisation application

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon May 08, 2023 4:42 pm

Hello

Absolutely. You can travel during the naturalisation application.

Even when you are approved, you can still travel with your ILR as long as you haven't signed your certificate yet (during the ceremony).

Once you get your certificate, that's it. You must return the ILR within 5 days. You can't use it anymore to travel.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 08, 2023 10:43 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Hello

Absolutely. You can travel during the naturalisation application.

Even when you are approved, you can still travel with your ILR as long as you haven't signed your certificate yet (during the ceremony).

Once you get your certificate, that's it. You must return the ILR within 5 days. You can't use it anymore to travel.
The applicants doesn't sign the naturalisation, it's not signed at all, the only hand-written item is the date of the ceremony = date of certificate. I think you wanted to say "received"?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue May 09, 2023 9:01 pm

Yes, I meant you received it. Thank you for the correction. But if I remember well, I think I signed a document, kind of receipt, after the ceremony. It was some years ago...