ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP Status after CSEP cancellation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kalvo
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP Status after CSEP cancellation

Post by Kalvo » Tue May 09, 2023 10:15 am

Long story short, by the time my CSEP expires I wouldn't have met the 21 months in stamp 1 in order to move to stamp 4. Which is why my company has reapplied and gotten a new CSEP which canceled the previous one.

My questions are regarding my current IRP (Issued with the now canceled CSEP)
-Do I have to get a new one right away or can I wait for it's normal expiry?
-When I do apply for IRP renewal/re-issue can I do it online or do I have to make an appointment since the CSEP changed?
-Can I travel with my current IRP?

meself2
Ireland

Re: IRP Status after CSEP cancellation

Post by meself2 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:26 am

Kalvo wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:15 am
-Do I have to get a new one right away or can I wait for it's normal expiry?
I would expect your old one to be linked to old CSEP, so the sooner, the better, but don't know for sure.
Kalvo wrote:
When I do apply for IRP renewal/re-issue can I do it online or do I have to make an appointment since the CSEP changed?
Assuming you're in Dublin, it's almost always online renewal. You can renew online.
Kalvo wrote:
-Can I travel with my current IRP?
Yes - airlines cannot check the date in the system, so if it's valid, you're grand. You might be asked at the border about it though, as it's most likely linked to old CSEP, so have a copy of new CSEP with you.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.