ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Visa Extension when Main Applicant has ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhi151989
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant Visa Extension when Main Applicant has ILR

Post by abhi151989 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:49 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for my wife's dependant visa extension. She came to the UK in November 2021 as a dependant on my previous Tier 2 (general) visa. She received a visa for less than 3 years back then as my BRP was expiring in October 2023. Since then I have received ILR in December 2022.

I have filled her skilled worker dependant visa extension form but I have a few questions before I complete declaration:
- How would home office know that I have requested extension of dependant visa based on my original Tier 2 (general visa) so that my wife's continuous residency clock is not reset? The only detail application form asked was my UAN number for which I have give my ILR application UAN number. is that correct? Or should I try to find my original UAN number for Tier 2 (general visa)? Is there any other information that HO asks to confirm this and I have missed it?
- Application form asked about what time period does your partner's COS cover? Although the date on my old COS is 04/10/2018 - 03/10/2023, I have selected 3 years or less because we need visa extension only for 3 years. I am worried that if I select more than 3 years then home office is going to charge me a higher visa fee and IHS but I only need a 3 year visa as my wife can apply for ILR after 2 years.
-The form has not asked about my BRP details at all like expiry date etc. I have gone through forum questions and some people have said they have put BRP details like expiring at the end of 2024 but I haven't seen this question in the form. Have I missed this?

Thanks,
Abhi

abhi151989
Newly Registered

Re: PBS Dependant Visa Extension when Main Applicant has ILR

Post by abhi151989 » Mon May 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Can someone please respond?

pdog
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by pdog » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:35 pm

Ooh boy, I'm in the same situation and have the exact same questions. Were you able to find a resolution?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:40 am

pdog wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:35 pm
Ooh boy, I'm in the same situation and have the exact same questions. Were you able to find a resolution?
Old Post, ask question in your own thread