ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to change a referee after submitted the application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Galaa
United Kingdom

Is it possible to change a referee after submitted the application?

Post by Galaa » Wed May 17, 2023 8:03 pm

Hi All,

My son has submitted his British citizenship application and is a Sixth Form student. Typically, the Sixth Form head would be the most convenient person to be a referee but she has refused to give me her passport number and date of birth so I have named two family friends as referees. However, I have found out that one of the referees must be a professional who has engaged with the child professionally.

Would it be possible to change a referee after submission?

Thanks in advance!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Is it possible to change a referee after submitted the application?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 18, 2023 5:29 pm

Galaa wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:03 pm
Hi All,

My son has submitted his British citizenship application and is a Sixth Form student. Typically, the Sixth Form head would be the most convenient person to be a referee but she has refused to give me her passport number and date of birth so I have named two family friends as referees. However, I have found out that one of the referees must be a professional who has engaged with the child professionally.

Thanks in advance!
Get the appropriate referee ready, if one of your present referee is found unsuitable, HO will request of you to provide another.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Is it possible to change a referee after submitted the application?

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 19, 2023 12:01 pm

Galaa wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:03 pm
Hi All,

My son has submitted his British citizenship application and is a Sixth Form student. Typically, the Sixth Form head would be the most convenient person to be a referee but she has refused to give me her passport number and date of birth so I have named two family friends as referees. However, I have found out that one of the referees must be a professional who has engaged with the child professionally. It's a requirement, but the HO doesn't take that too personally. Most people are reluctant to give their passport details and DOB to random folks. You can imagine a teacher having to give her passport details to 30 students every year. It just wouldn't work. I'm sure your referees would be fine.

Thanks in advance!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!