ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation or British Passport for Kid

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

km0001
Newly Registered
India

ILR or British passport for dependant child

Post by km0001 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:04 pm

Hello

Me and my wife are currently making an application for ILR. We also have a 9 months old daughter who was born in the UK and has an Indian passport and Dependant visa.

Could you please help us in understanding if we have to make an ILR application for our daughter at the same time as us or are we at the liberty to make the application for her British passport straight after we get the ILRs for me and my wife?

In essence, am I correct in assuming that we do not have to make an application for our daughter's ILR along with our application and we can go straight from dependant visa to her British passport?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR or British passport for dependant child

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:14 pm

She does NOT require ILR if you are planning to register her as british once you have ILR.

You can only apply for a british passport for her after she has been approved and registered as british.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

km0001
Newly Registered
India

Post by km0001 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:19 pm

Thank you very much - if I understand correctly, once we have received our ILRs we can make an application to register her as British citizen by using form MN1 and then get her British passport?

Best wishes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:45 pm

Yes. You can only apply for the passport after citizenship is approved and the certificate has been received
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.