ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Register as a British citizen (MN1) 9 months and waiting!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mushyhuz

Register as a British citizen (MN1) 9 months and waiting!

Post by mushyhuz » Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi all,

My child was born in the UK and is now 4 years old, I received my ILR back in August 2022 and I immediately applied to register my child as a british citizen. Its been 9 months now and I still havent received her british citizenship. I had subnitted the biometrics via the IDV App and after the ordeal we have been through I dont recommend any one else to use it!

I kept getting emails over the first couple of months asking me to attend an appoitnment with UKVCAS, and every time I reached out they both UKVCAS and HO would email back asking me to ignore the so called automated email.

Then I got a worrying email at the 6 month mark -
"There appears to have been a technical issue during your enrolment process which has resulted in your biometric data not integrating onto our system. I have now contacted our partner's at Sopra Steria to resubmit the data, so please do not worry and please disregard the reminder letter that was sent to you.
If we require anything further from you, then either Sopra or ourselves will be in contact."

and then another email a week later
"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision."

Any suggestions on what to do next, surely 9 months is long enough for them to sort these technical problems out and if they cant shouldnt they just invite me for another appointment?

vinny

Re: Register as a British citizen (MN1) 9 months and waiting!

Post by vinny » Sat May 20, 2023 1:40 pm

I’m at a loss as to why they consider an entitlement to register under Section 1(3) as raising exceptionally complex issues?

Please ask them and tell us!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mushyhuz

Re: Register as a British citizen (MN1) 9 months and waiting!

Post by mushyhuz » Mon May 22, 2023 12:57 pm

Exactly my query! its clearly an IT/Software problem with the APP which hasnt allowed the biometrics to integrate, yet they are doing nothing about it. I'd recommend that anyone given the option to do in person biometrics to do that rather than waiting for them to fix such issues