ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ETATS Schengen Visa Granted

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave000
India

ETATS Schengen Visa Granted

Post by dave000 » Sun May 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Hi,

I am travelling to France (most of it) and Switzerland (1 day) with my husband on 22nd June and returning on 27th June. I have been granted Multi entry visa which says ETATS Schengen and is valid from 17-06-2023 to 14-09-2023. I can't see clearly but it says Number of Days 30. I am slightly confused so thought to check here. Is it there once I am back from France, I can enter any Schengen country let's say Spain within the time period granted to me? I am applying for ILR once I get back from France so just in case if ILR is given let's say by August, then I can make use of the Schengen visa by travelling to Spain maybe.

I would be very thankful for your guidance.

Thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ETATS Schengen Visa Granted

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun May 21, 2023 3:03 pm

You can stay 30 days within the validity of your visa.

For example, you can go 3 times to Schengen countries and stay 10 days each time.

The total of days you stay cannot be more than 30 (in total by adding all trips).

You can come back to the UK, then return to Schengen as many time as you wish provided your visa is valid and you are not exceeding 30 days in total.

Usually they don't count the days, but it can happen. Someone from my family was kept 45 min at a land border checkpoint in France while they were looking at the stamps and counting the days he used in total. It's not frequent they go to this length, but it can happen.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 21, 2023 3:44 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Sun May 21, 2023 3:57 pm

That is very helpful. Thank you both.