ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Application returned as Invalid.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

garichd

SET(M) Application returned as Invalid.

Post by garichd » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:40 am

Hi All,

I am posting this query on behalf of my friend. She is Canadian citizen and here in UK on Marriage Visa.

Recently she applied for settlement(ILR) on form Set (M). Home Office returned her application as Invalid for the following reasons.

1) Old form used (Apparently the form she used was old and there is now new form from 27th of November).
2) No name on the back of the Photograph.

However home office has charged her full amount for the processing of application.

Now the query ; can she correct the application and send back
Or
She has to submit new application and pay fees again?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 am

what was the date of application?

bototo

Post by bototo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Did the covering letter not say whether she could resubmit?

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:38 am

Normally the applicant is given 28 days to submit the correct/further information.

It's also standard practice to include the correct form for the applicant.

I'm assuming your friend checked to see that she met all the other requirements for settlement including the KOL test?

If she submitted the application herself its best to check that she's got everything else right before sending it off again.
Oh, the drama...!